Tuesday 1 May 2007

Random? Me?

L gets up at six, part of her new fitness campaign. She has decided to lay off running for the whole of May on the advice of her physio. So Doggo gets some long walks instead.

Today was going to be a planned rest day from the bike anyway but my neck and shoulders are so sore it wouldn't really have been possible anyway. L is still just about outdoing me on the injury front but only just. Take the car into work.

It doesn't sound like it's going to be a very friendly last match of the season on Sunday. Derby police are drafting in extra staff to cope with the expected trouble and the thousands of ticket less Leeds fans who are likely to travel down. Just coming down for a scrap I assume, not much point coming for the match. It'll just be Derby fans taking the piss all match and a Derby reserve side playing.

The papers seems to think that Leeds may slip into administration now and therefore start next season on -10 points. That would make next season even more interesting, just ask Rotherham.

Go to Sainsbury's at lunch and bring back some cranky reduced fruit: - a papaya, a kiwi, and an avocado, for L to experiment on. Well it'll be I who gets experimented on and yes I know an avocado isn’t a fruit. I also stock up on spam; we are both having withdrawal symptoms. Ocado don't sell it. Ah the way to a girl’s heart, a tin of Spam and some cranky fruit.

After work I meet L at the pool. Despite the pain, I still need to do some (light) training although L is worried whether I'm up to it or not. I reassure her that I'm fighting fit. She doesn't believe me. Fit for nothing. That's me.

In fact the swim goes surprisingly well. I didn't think I'd be able to manage many lengths but I must have managed at least 20. Didn't do too many, didn't want to overdo it.

I abandon tonight's planned run with Doggo and L takes him for a walk instead.

Then off I'm off to Pizza Hut with a mate. Indulge in two bottles of Stella and two pints of excellent Salem Porter. He says I've lost weight and tries to fatten me up with extra pizza.

He's also still buzzing about Maximo Park and says he's pleased that I convinced him to get tickets. I don't think I convinced him it was just that he couldn't bare the thought of me gigging without him. He says he ought to take note of my random music taste more. Random? What does he mean random?

No comments:

Post a Comment