Tuesday 29 May 2007

Retro Chick

Get up and I feel quite lively considering it was one hell of a weekend. Even so I still take the car into work, although I do take my swimming kit with me because I'm contemplating going to the pool after work.

L sends me an email entitled "cold, wet, and hung-over" but I don’t get it, our email filter is obviously filtering out the depressing ones. She sends it again and it seems she regrets being back on the Leffes again last night. Although she did bike in today through the rain, so she can't be too bad, even if she is sat on top of her heater at work. Hangovers are life's way of telling you what a good time you've had. Talking of which, research has found that drinkers who consume more than four cups of coffee a day have an 80% lower risk of developing liver cirrhosis. So I'll have to start counting my caffeine units now as well.

It's Son's 16th birthday today and apparently he expected a day off from his paper round. Yeah right, as if anyone gets a day off on their birthday. Welcome to the real world. He's hoping to amass £180 in birthday money for a Wii but I think he'll fall a bit short which means he'll have to save a bit more. Now that's going to be a challenge for him. Hope he gets one though, having seen the adverts, I reckon it'll do wonders for his fitness.

As I leave work, I have problems getting off Pride Park as the Rams are organising an open topped bus tour of the city and the whole of the county appears to be arriving for it.

L is at Pilates and I go for my swim. At first I get a lane to myself. Then a fat woman gets in but she's uncharacteristically quick. Well as quick as me. I don’t mind being overtaken by a young, fit, female psycho in a tight fitting swimsuit but not by this woman. So I have to keep swimming, without stopping. I get a good workout although I have to close my eyes when she swims towards me; it's not a pretty sight. She's not young, fit or a psycho but she does have the tight fitting swimsuit. Certainly not worth an ogle.

At one point, we both get stopped by the attendant who tells us off for swimming the wrong way round. We're doing clockwise and it should be anticlockwise. He tells us that if we want to do clockwise we should be in the next lane. Oh for f's sake. Is this what we pay these peoples wages for?

After a while I burn her off and she resorted to stopping every other length. Then eventually she admits defeat and gets out. Ha.

I get home and take Doggo for a ball session while L and amazingly Daughter 'power' walk. They come back with takeaway pizza for the birthday boy, which was his request. We usually do a posh meal out for birthdays that usually blows around £100 but this is a bit too social for a teenager, so we've gone down market this year. It's cheap though. He is however too busy on the internet to eat with us, so we celebrate without him, even Doggo gets some, while Son's goes in the oven.

We watch the Seven Ages Of Rock programme, which covers the 70's psychedelic era. Which is quite apt as L has gone a bit retro chick on me and splashed out on the Stones' Black & Blue album. Says she's reminiscing. She'll be wearing free flowing skirts and offering free love next. I hope.

Early to bed for a spot of 'make love not war'.

No comments:

Post a Comment