Sunday 27 May 2007

The mystery of my un-weaving dog

Doggo and me head over to Newark for the Nottingham Dog Show. As soon as we get there it starts raining and it doesn't let up all day. Doggo starts well with a good run in the Helter Skelter in which there are no weaves, so we don't fail there. However it's a very simple and fast course, so in order to even get a rosette we're going to have to fly round. I try and speed Doggo up. He takes the hint and takes the shortest route unfortunately this involves going inside a hurdle. Five faults.

Next course, jumping and it all goes well apart from the weaves. His entry was ok but he skips the second pole. Why Doggo why? On a retry he skips the first pole, just the same as last week.

We sulk in the car over lunch and hide from the rain. Lots of people pack up and go home, beaten by the conditions. We stick it out for one last try at those weaves. The rain is so bad that only minutes after opening up our third and final course; they are appealing for anybody who wants to run to come run.

There are only six weaves on the course. How hard can it be? I promise Doggo that he can skip training on Wednesday if he pulls it off. We start in heavy rain. Entry perfect, one pole, two, three, four and out! No! He's done it again. Back to work on Wednesday then. Shouldn't be too critical of him, it was raining that heavy perhaps he couldn't see where he's going. There's always next week. The advantage of 'bombing' out is we get to go home early and we're home by 4pm.

In the evening we watch the Da Vinci Code. Hmmm. L liked it but then she'd read the book. I think the film makers assumed that everyone had. I wasn't one of the 'trillions' that did read Dan Brown's book. I did try to read it but lost interest less than half way through. I just didn't see the point of it all and still don't having seen the film.

Why didn't he just leave a note explaining things for the French girl and then mention that he was shot by an albino monk in a cassock? Would have saved a lot of time, there can't be that many of them running around in Paris.

Yet again I wasn't impressed with poor old Tom Hanks but then again I rarely am. There was no chemistry between him and Audrey Tautou. Never does his character question what people are telling him, he just believes them and does what he's told. He doesn't even show any emotion when he's told the person he was supposed to meet has been murdered. Then they weave something about his claustrophobia into the part but don't bring this into play. I found it a very odd and at no point did I feel involved in the story.



Never mind solving the Da Vinci Code, someone help me solve the mystery of my un-weaving dog.

When it's over, L offers port and sex. My kind of offer, not to be refused.

No comments:

Post a Comment