Wednesday 30 May 2007

Something Else That's Scarier Than The Asda Roundabout

Back on the bike today. L's out power walking again, although I understand Doggo held her back. Apparently he was a bit disappointed with his breakfast, namely that it wasn't pizza.

There's debate about whether Billy Davies will stay at Derby but I'm sure he will. I'm sure he's already dreaming up more and more defensive formations in readiness for the Premier League. How many 0-0's do you need to stay up?

Around 4pm L emails to say it's blowing a gale in Nottingham and raining. I have faith that the sun will come out in readiness for my ride home. In fact my heads on the block if it doesn't, as I persuaded my fellow cyclist here to bike in today because I assured him it would stay fine.

In the end I get a bit of drizzle as I ride home but not much more. I cycle back over the hills to Ilkeston. I've also found something else that's scarier than the Asda roundabout, Crown Island. I've been wimping out of doing it and taking the pavement instead but it takes ages with all the crossings. So now I've started using the road, which is interesting to say the least.

I meet L at the pool and also surprisingly Daughter too. I go in the fast lane where there's a male psycho and a very very slow woman Oriental woman. She won't pull over to let either of us past. Several times I'm right behind her at the end of a length but does she let me past, no. She sets straight off again before I get chance to get ahead. Soon two more chaps join us in our lane but the attendants who were so keen to stop me swimming the 'wrong' way yesterday still turn a blind eye to her excruciatingly slow breaststroke and the death defying overtaking moves that are going on to pass her. No chance to practice any flips today.

The farce with the showers continues, I can't get in one again. I notice when one chap finally vacates the shower he is fully dressed. This is what you get when you stupidly put doors on them, people use them as changing rooms.

Dog class and somebody does put the weaves out this time. So I set about trying to sort out a dog who's failed the weaves for six courses in a row. I think progress has been made. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment