Saturday 5 May 2007

Against My Better Judgement

Very early start. Doggo and I are in Shrewsbury for 8.15, feeling a bit worse for wear after our respective intakes of alcohol and pork scratchings.

Our first run goes quite well and we clock 15th in the Adams Derby. A competition we usually do badly in, so that's not a bad result for us. Then I lose the plot making mistakes in each of our next two courses. Each time Doggo bails me out and we go clear. We then clock up another better clear in our last run. So four clears out of four, so a good days work but regrettably no more placing to show for it.

It's a glorious day and I come home with sun burn.

Leeds cheat the noose and take themselves into administration before they can be officially hung, drawn and relegated. Craftily they get themselves docked the ten points this season rather than next. They go bottom of the table without kicking a ball.

I get home and, possibly against my better judgement, I enter the Derby Spring Tri, which is next Sunday.

I'm just about dead on my feet but still gasping for a pint, so we walk down to the Borlase and have three pints of Jennings Golden Host 4.3% and it's very nice.

Knackered.

No comments:

Post a Comment