Monday 14 May 2007

Post Race Analysis

I actually had some traffic to deal with today, as I took the car into work. Probably due to the rain but it still wasn't too bad.

Son has asked if we could arrange a paintball game for his birthday. Blimey. Hope he realises that this is as close to real death as it gets. It's not the same as death on the internet or even death in laser quest. Those paintballs really hurt. The bruises I incurred from the last time I played have just about faded now but the mental scars are yet to heal. Hopefully we can find a kids session for them otherwise they might end up getting pulverised by a group of adults, which might not go down well with some of the parents or perhaps it well. Perhaps there's an opportunity there to sell tickets to spectators.

L's a frustrated Gym Bunny today. Nottingham's new gym at John Carroll, the one that only opened in December, is closed due to water damage. They never had this problem when it was it in the portacabin.

My friend, who was supposed to be giving up football doesn't appear to be doing anything of the sort as I get a string of football related emails today. He claims his retirement from being a football supporter means that he can now observe the game with a jaunty, mildly disinterested air. Business as usual then; that was all he ever did. I knew this retirement lark was sham.

Post race analysis from Sunday.

Swim time 11.58 (44th). Bike time 61.32 (48th). Run time 25.44 (23rd).

Compared with my target times, I was quicker in my swim by 2 minutes. I was slower on the bike by 1 minute 30 seconds and I was slower on the run by 14 seconds. Not at all what I expected.

The really good news it that of the others in my mini race, I mean my start group, I out swam and out ran all them. The bad news concerns the bike. Beachwear chap beat me by six minutes on the bike and the dirty blonde beat me by three. Hmmm. Food for thought and also more ammo for my hit list. Beachwear chap joins the others on it.

My running continues to amaze me. I caught the dirty blonde for nearly three minutes. I also took a minute and a half out of beachwear chap but I'd left myself too much to do there because I was still three mins behind at the line. I just really need to do something about my biking.

Get home to an empty house, just Doggo there with his paws crossed. Daughter is out; I presume Son is 'in' in an 'out' sort of way but no amount of yelling seems to get confirmation of this. Possibly he's revising hard but more likely he's 'out' in cyberspace somewhere.

I take Doggo to dog class. Not bad, he performs well but as usual he could have been quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment