Saturday 12 May 2007

Anything they can do I can do better

I stopped over in Bingham but I was up early. I was keen to get home to spend some quality time with L. Time was scarce because I had a bit of a tight schedule, with the play off game kicking off at noon. Luckily she was still in bed when I got home, pushed Doggo aside and joined her.

An hour or so later, I drop L and Daughter off at gym on my way over to Derby. Then I pickup my Dad and we go his local to watch the game. I'm a touch hung over and also trying to be AF pre-Triathlon, so I'm on the J2O.

Billy Davies said Derby team couldn't cope with pressure towards the end of the season, which doesn't bode well for play-offs. It’s his own fault really for buying loads of youngsters in January; he in effect lost the plot. If he’d kept to the team that took us to the top and his boring tactics we’d be up by now. Today he reverts to type, it's a defensive setup by Derby, even Seth is in and it works a treat.

Southampton start the better and Derby concede an early goal but then we play some decent stuff and are level by half time as Steve Howard scores an equaliser.



I would have settled for a draw or even a one goal defeat but Southampton are poor in the second half and just as Stephen Pearson breaks free and looks set to put us in front, he is hauled back by the shirt. By a chap called Pele no less. Penalty. Steve Howard converts it. 2-1 Which is how it finishes. Look forward to Tuesday.

The other semi is tomorrow, between West Bromwich and Wolves. Which guarantees a West Midlands team a place at Wembley, which is a horrible thought. With Villa and now Birmingham already up, there could be three 'Brummie' clubs in the Premiership. Oh God, imagine the interviews. We'd need sub titles.

On the way home, I collect L and Daughter from Tesco.

Back at home, L demos the new clothes she's bought. It must have been a good fashion show because we end up in bed. So it's not only Derby who scored twice today. Anything they can do I can do better.

I spend the rest of the afternoon sieving my birthday port through coffee filters. Then I cook energy giving pasta. I add a splash of wine for good measure and lots of cheese. L does the fruit for afters.

For the first time in years we watch the Eurovision, this is what happens when we are AF because of the event tomorrow. We survive all 24 songs but don’t survive the voting. I need an early night.

L’s fave is Georgia, mine is Sweden. Although I have a liking for the French entry and think Finland will again do well. L also likes Bulgaria. The worst is Ukraine, well apart from the UK entry. Naturally Ukraine are hot favourites.

L quashes any prospect of a glorious hat-trick and tells me to save my energy for the triathlon. Good job I got my warm-up in this afternoon. She is right though I do need a good nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment