Tuesday 13 March 2007

The World Has A Right To Know

Set the alarm for 'early' and I take Doggo for a run round the pond. Glorious sunshine, nice crisp frost, thoroughly enjoyed my three miles. I need to do more running if I’m going to improve my Duathlon time. It’s a total dog frenzy, canines everywhere today.

Despite my run I managed to stay awake on the drive in this morning. So must be getting fitter, I’ll get into those play off spots somehow.

Think I've upset my friend. He was on the email this morning bragging about his 2K treadmill run last night, so told him about my morning run and it's all gone a bit quiet since then.

L's annoyed because some so-and-so has put two huge bars of dark Australian chocolate in the coffee room. Apparently one portion of 25g contains 132 calories but there are 36 chunks in the bar. So a portion is 3.6 cubes. Now she can't decide whether she should have three or four cubes. Life must be so complicated when you're female!

My solution was simple. She should break off seven chunks and bring them home, and then when we have our bedtime chocolate we can share them. I shall manly bite a chunk in half for her. I’ve never had Australian dark chocolate.

L says my account of Saturday gives the impression that I enjoyed it. Well I suppose I did try and put a positive spin on it all, wouldn’t make a very good blog if it was all doom and gloom. She's even bought me '220 Triathlon' magazine so that I can fine-tune my training. Think I need more of a re-tune than a fine tune but I’ll have a glance at HER magazine all the same.

She's also concerned that the poor girl with the wobbly bottom might read this blog and recognise herself. Well, it’s her own fault she shouldn’t have overtook me. In truth it wasn’t a bad bottom but not in the same league as L's. L hopes that no-one's blogged about hers. If no one’s blogged about hers then I shall have to be the first. The world has a right to know.

Later I'm at the match. Losing at Birmingham last weekend is no great disaster for Derby as long as we beat QPR tonight. I reckon we can still finish above Birmingham as we have a much easier run-in than they do. I'm still very worried about Sunderland though.

The match doesn't go well. Derby's defence makes a huge mess up and QPR score first. They clearly know how to stifle Derby's midfield play and when Derby result to playing it long, that doesn't work either as QPR have the biggest collection of six-foot tall brutes I've seen in years.

At half time, John Gregory delays the restart by keeping his team off the pitch longer than necessary. He's probably trying to wind up the opposition and it works but is that really what he wants to do. As he's wound the crowd up too. Derby lay siege to QPR for most of the second half, although none of it is pretty. Eventually with only a couple of minutes to spare Derby finally get the equaliser. With luck like that perhaps our name is on promotion after all. Although we are out lucked by Sunderland, who get an equaliser even later than ours to get a point at home to Stoke. Amazingly Birmingham lose at Norwich. At the other end of the table the fat lady is well into her warm up for Leeds.

Couple of pints in the Harrington then home. So all in all the night goes well. Joint top now with Birmingham but I’ve still not had any Australian dark chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment