Sunday 11 March 2007

No Gain Without Pain

Decided to stay in bed and not go to the orienteering that is on quite locally this morning. I apologise to Doggo but my legs are just too painful. I would hold him up. Have painful sex instead. No gain without pain as they say.

When we finally get up L and I take Doggo on the park for a ball session. More pain.

In the afternoon there’s an event on in the Industrial Museum at Wollaton Park. It's a talk on the History of Raleigh Cycles. It sounds quite interesting so L and I head over for that. It is interesting although the chap goes on a bit, he reminds me of my father. Pays far too much attention to the lugs on his castings.

L and Daughter go off to the gym to watch some TV. Well Daughter does anyway; doubt L will be. This leaves me free to catch up on Crufts at home.

L's been working on trying to get Son to join them at the gym, so that he can get fit for skiing. She's got no hope. Anyhow he's convinced he'll cope. We know he won't, each successive skiing holiday has been wiping him out more and more as he's metamorphosed from a reasonably active junior to a sedentary teenager. Anyhow his solution to not being fit enough for skiing is to spend more time in the cafes. I think he's more than happy with that compromise. Just hope he takes his own money with him.

We have Chilli in the evening and catch up with the last part of 'Kill it, cook it, eat it' which does actually feature chickens but no great surprises.

18 alcohol units for the week, which is some kind of record low. However it did include a binge of 13 units last night. Just shows what happens when you have 5 AF nights in one week. I suppose doing a Duathlon does have benefits after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment