Friday 23 March 2007

Banished

Helped myself this morning. L still looked tired but she didn't object.

Drove in, still no traffic. Although I think I wound Doggo up by driving past him as he was heading home from the paper round with Son and L. Well I suppose he could have come with me and sat in our car park all day. He’d probably have loved that.

Sounds like they had an exciting time on their run. They came across someone lying prostate in the middle of the road. Neither L nor the dog could elicit a response. Fearing the person was dead or close to it they went to the nearest house where they dragged a woman away from her cornflakes. She was just about to summon an ambulance when all of a sudden the woman stood up and got quite stroppy with them. L tried to give her bag back to her but she just stormed off saying it wasn't hers. All very odd but par for the course in Nottingham. Doggo wasn't fazed, he took it all in his stride.

My legs are struggling after biking on Wednesday and squash last night. Don't know how I'm going to survive 15 miles tomorrow. I go to see a colleague about a project and he doesn't have any spare chairs to sit on. My legs hurt that much that I have to lean against the wall.

Seems Bob Woolmer has been strangled. More match fixing controversy perhaps?

L emails to say that the new 'water feature', which is its official title, has been switched off.



The pressure was faulty. So it doesn't look as if I'll get my paddle tomorrow after all. I was so looking forward to getting tanked up and joining everyone else for a mass paddle.

After work I drive to the pool to meet L. She is doing a session in the gym first, trying to out-fit me. When I get there she is waiting in the ‘cafĂ©’. The swim goes ok although I feel that I hold up a couple of male psychos. I feel a bit guilty at first but eventually I see them off, so a victory to me I suppose.

We go home but Daughter has the lounge and the TV booked for the night, as usual. So we eat our pre-run pasta meal in the servants quarters (the kitchen). We toy with the prospect of being AF but eventually have a couple of small glasses of red.

Unable to do what any sane person would do on a Friday night because of tomorrows run, e.g. go to the pub and without the facility of the lounge to crash out in; we banish ourselves to the bedroom. Exiled, we have to amuse ourselves as best we can. Riotous sex with lots of foreplay ensues, absolutely wonderful. Hope we get banished more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment