Friday 2 March 2007

Spring? I don't think so!

I don’t get to bike today, as Derby are at home tonight and I need to stay in Derby after work. However I still get to do my warm-up. The match against Colchester is live on Sky TV, can't imagine why. Who's going to watch that. It's not exactly going to be pretty.

When I switch my mobile on I get L's reply to my text from last night. "Cool can I have one? Get 2! Would you shag me in it?"

'Mobile Communication' let me down, as the Brakes say in one of their songs. She's on about the t-shirt. I'm happy to lend it to her, as it sounds as if the pay back could be good.

Daughter is also impressed with the t-shirt. Well she's impressed with it having the F word on it. Would go down a storm at her father's this weekend. Unfortunately they are £15 + £2 P&P on their website. Looks like I could have two women scrapping over my t-shirt. This never used to happen when I was a lad.



Don’t know what’s up with the traffic this week, no queues again today. I left later than usual as well and I was still in work for 8.30! Very odd.

The radio keeps saying that we are now in spring, as apparently spring starts on the first day of March. Well no. The spring (or vernal as its known) equinox starts on 20th or 21st March and always has done. The equinox is when the nights are as long as the days and marks the start of the next astrological cycle e.g. spring. So as usual the BBC are wrong.

Hardly any emails today. Nobody wants to speak to me.

I checked out the start list of this Duathlon that we are doing next Saturday at Clumber. There are loads of people doing the full Classic event, which is a world championship qualifier. All have BTA (British Triathlon Association) registration numbers, which I assume means they know what they are doing. So I’m glad I'm not part of that. We're in the sprint event. This has quite a small field of mainly women and oldies like me, so I should fit in well. There's a chap born in 1937 in my category. L reckons he'll beat me. Now there's a vote of confidence from my beloved! She says he'll be out training like a psycho while we're stuck at work. She also suggests that we ought to be AF until the event is over. AF? How could anyone be AF pre-event? It’s just not possible.

L and I widely disagree on the event. She wishes there was a swim at the start like a triathlon or even instead of the bike. The event is run-bike-run. My opinion is why would anyone want a swim in there at all? My preference would be to remove the runs and made it all bike.

L goes home early and takes Doggo out but he's soon in bad books. Apparently he's attacked Bruno the Boxer. I assume that's another dog. L and Doggo are now not speaking. Again. This is a common occurrence.

Then she and Daughter go off to the gym. On the bus because I have the car. Unfortunately it's now throwing it down, so they get soaked.

Turns out Sky were right and I was wrong. Now there's a first, Sky picking a good match. The match WAS pretty. Derby scored three amazing goals and won 5-1. Back on top of the league, at least until tomorrow.

Have a couple of pints of Bass with my folks, and then home to L, where we have a little wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment