Sunday 18 March 2007

My Beard

I feel queasy; think I've overdone the cake. The really bad news is that L has had second thoughts about bringing the chocolate cake home for Daughter. She's asked me if I could 'dispose' of it. It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.

We have a lie in till noon with all the trappings that entails. Then Doggo and I have a footie jaunt on the park. L tells me this is a rest day for me, so no training.

A couple of lads in the street are overusing the 'in phrase' of the moment 'My Bad'. Daughter uses it all the time, except that when she says it, it sounds like ‘My Beard’. Which is kind of appropriate for someone who mishears things on such a regular basis. Apparently the term is used to admit an error but not to apologise for it.

Do a bit of chauffeuring for Son, to Hobbycraft and to Quaser. He needs Hobbycraft to get some stuff for his Graphics project and get this; it's not due in tomorrow. A bit of forward planning for once.

Daughter comes home around 4pm; when we were expecting her around 8pm. The lengths her father will go to avoid spending more money than necessary on feeding the kids. This causes panic because I haven't as yet disposed of her portion of birthday cake. Therefore I have to rush eat it which is no easy feat when she's present. I end up hiding it under my newspaper until she is out of the room.

Catch up with Wainwright and then L sits me down to watch part one of Bleak House. It's interesting but confusing and very dark or is that 'bleak'. I don't think it's running backwards (I can't follow things that run backwards) but I'm not 100% sure. I await part two with interest.

Birmingham and West Brom draw, keeping Derby top of the league.

Another shock at the cricket world cup but not one anyone was expecting. Bob Woolmer was found unconscious in his hotel room and later died in hospital. He was 58. A heart attack is suspected. He was currently coach of Pakistan, who exited the World Cup on Saturday after their surprise defeat by Ireland. He previously coached South Africa and was of course a former England player. He had been hotly tipped to be the next England coach.

37 units for this week, which is really bad. 'My bad' as they say in the suburbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment