Monday 12 March 2007

Mid-table ?

Start the day with more painful sex. Then I take the car to work, which is a wise move as I'm currently still in the process of having to relearn how to walk. Not sure I could manage the long walk that taking the bus involves, let alone come on the bike. Luckily due to Derby playing at home on Tuesday the earliest I can bike is Wednesday. Hopefully I'll have recovered by then.

L is working at home today as her office is being redecorated. I hope this doesn't disrupt Doggo's routine too much; I need him in good shape for tonight. He’s got a lot of Weimaraner bating to do.

L emails me and it doesn't sound promising. First Doggo had to see a deliveryman off. Unfortunately for him, L reckons he was a dog owner himself because he wasn't in the least bit impressed by Doggo's efforts. Most people aren’t. Don’t know why he bothers really.

It is fortunate that L is at home because I am expecting a surveyor round to value the house. I was going to have to nip home to let him in, apologise for the mess and restrain the dog but L being at home has saved me a trip. When I ask her if she'll do the honours, she queries what dog I would like her to restrain? Apparently the only dog we have is the one flat out on the settee.

True enough the surveyor gets away without being savaged. Apparently L managed to persuade our ferocious dog to nap on the bed while the chap did his stuff. Doggo didn't seem to mind, it's such a hard life being a dog.

I book squash for Thursday, although unless my legs improve I may be a little off the pace. I email my opponent to tell him and also drop in a few details about my magnificent 26th place. He seems fairly impressed but describes my position as mid-table. Mid-table? I was better than that. Not that I’m touchy about this or anything but 26th out of 72 equates to roughly 8th place out of 24, so it’s actually on the verge of the playoffs e.g. I’m Southampton. If we’re talking Premier League I’d be 7th and probably in the Intertoto cup next season. People should be more technically accurate with their compliments.

The bad news is that if I'd doubled my time on the full Duathlon, I'd have come 214th out of 265. Not so impressive. If I'd slowed down by 30 mins, I'd have been last.

Get home and take Doggo to training which again goes well. Things are going so well that you just know that his first event of the season is going to be a total disaster.

Back at home we watch the second of Wainwright's walks on Blencathra. We are a week behind, this was last weeks walk. We set the video to tape this week's walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment