Thursday 22 March 2007

Knackered

On bus the bus today and it is packed. The traffic is also very slow, so suppose I’m glad I didn’t drive. Annoyingly my ipod seems to be reordered all its tracks into a random order.

Daughter seems to have recovered and went off to school like a lamb, all bright and breezy.

We have a fifteen mile 'cake' run on Saturday and as part of our post event celebration we have booked ourselves into a new Thai restaurant that has opened in Nottingham. I shall look forward to that, after the bath and sex of course.

Unfortunately I think I might be going down with a cold, I imagine this is courtesy of Daughter. Just have to hope I can survive the run, and then afterwards I can indulge the cold with the hot and spicy dishes in the Thai restaurant.

Also as part of our night out L promises to take me for a paddle with the drunks in Nottingham's new 'ornamental lake'. She's pencilled it into our pub crawl round town. She describes it as paving slabs covered in water, like you used to get outside a fishmongers. No idea what she means by that!

She says it's an accident waiting to happen; a 'lets sue the Council' sort of job. Look forward to it. Not sure it will help my cold though.

Had a good pub lunch. The cottage pie was on as promised and I had a beer called First Foot from the Bare Foot brewery in Morpeth.

No calls from the school today.

I manage to sort by Ipod out and get my music back in order before I head for home on the bus. Doggo and L have been for a run round the park. Then L and Daughter drop me at squash and go off to the Gym.

Three games in and I wonder why I bother. Having lost all three only one of them close and it doesn't look as if I'm going to get a look in. Then he runs out of steam and we spilt the last four games 2-2. More satisfying.

Have a beer called Bee Smoked in the pub. A dark ale with slightly smoked taste. Nothing special. L picks me up and takes me home before I get chance to sample the 6% beer they have on. Which is a shame but very wise. We do have a glass of wine at home.

Due to all this 'sport' we're not getting up to much mischief in the bedroom and tonight L is knackered, so it's not on offer. I try and look devastated despite the fact that I'm too knackered myself! Roll on our nice gentle weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment