Monday 26 March 2007

Damage Report

I actually don't feel too bad this morning. Although my left thigh is a bit tight and sore. I also have a bit of a dodgy right knee but that's not too bad either. Also my old war wound, the left ankle, is playing up. So all in all the damage report not too bad.

L says she's also got dodgy knee syndrome which, being female, she puts down to her weight. I put mine down to my clapped out trainers and the fact I've been doing crazy things all weekend.

The good news is, L says she feels spurred on and will up her training. Starting tonight. She has booked a run with some friends. I can’t up my training today because another of the dog's hobbies will be taking up my evening.

I recommend to my protégé Cancer Research's Run For Moore who rejects it as being suspiciously related to football, which he's trying to give up. If you check out the link, he does have a point.

I ask him how his training run was; he says it'll be be fine when he does it tonight.

Daughter has cooked a pasta dish at school which should feed her, Son and me. She serves it up for herself and for son, leaving mine in the pan for later, as time is short. Then we both spend several minutes screaming upstairs to the uncommunicative one (Son) without response.

I drive over to dog class where they are resurfacing the indoor horse arena that we train in. It will be interesting to see what the new surface is and how well it blends in with our duvet when Doggo brings samples of it home. It also means that tonight we have to train in the outdoor arena under floodlights. The ground is much softer out there and pot holed with hoof marks, which doesn't do my ankle any good. It's also bloody freezing.

Afterwards I collect a semi-inebriated L from Derby; although she swears she's only had half a pint. I follow the correct protocol for when an inebriated young women gets in your car by giving her a quick grope and then taking her home with me.

Get home and have my pasta of which there is approximately half what I left in the pan. Someone's had seconds. It couldn't have been Son because his portion is still on the table, absolutely stone cold. Can't begrudge Daughter seconds really as she did cook it but now I'm going to have to top mine up with cheese.

L goes to bed wearing a very sexy all black combo, talk about temptation but I'm told in no uncertain terms that they'll be no frivolity tonight. Although an early morning work-out might well be on the cards. Absolutely essential I would say, all being well I'll be on my bike tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment