Thursday 11 January 2007

Sleepwalking

Alarm goes off at 5.30. I have to be in Leatherhead for 10.00 which is at least a three-hour trip by car. Luckily I'm not driving. No life in L as I get up but Doggo looks quite lively but then when he realises that I haven't got up to take him out, he retreats back to bed.

I meet my MD at 6.45 at the motorway junction. It's wet and it's windy, not going to be a great trip down. We get there on time having stopped only for a motorway service station coffee. The meeting is a fit of a waste in that all we decide is that the meeting is in the wrong place and we need to do it all again in Rochester, Kent in a few weeks time. Which will be an even longer drive. We drive back. Stopping only for a motorway snack. Two sandwiches, two cakes, and two coffees. That'll be £14 please. Ouch. Good job it's on expenses.

Am home for around 4.15 which isn't bad. I beat Daughter home but not Son. Well I assume he's home, his shoes are in the hall, not sign of him though.

A few hours later, I am barely awake as I drive to squash. This shows as I sleepwalk through the first game and lose it 15-4. Things do improve and I have chances in the second and third games but still lose them before taking the fourth. Don't play particularly well for the rest of the match and it ends up a disappointing 6-1.

We retreat to the pub and I stop the car to pick up a young girl who's wondering the street of Beeston. It's L, who is accompanied by a weaving Doggo.

Sadly, in the pub, we compare alcohol units. This isn't what men are supposed to compare is it really. He did 26 last week, even though he swore last Thursday his new years resolution was to keep below 21 every week. So another resolution fails to see out the second week of January.

He also tells me that his training regime is now up to a mammoth 2.1k. He's adding an impressive 0.1k each week now. A quick calculation tells me that that won't get him up to his race distance of 5 miles by June.

A Newby Wyke Winter Session Ale 3.8% and a Broadside 4.7%, then home for L's excellent spam curry. We take a glass of red to bed. Regrettably I am falling asleep before I even finish my wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment