Thursday 18 January 2007

Seven Thoughts

I'm in the car today. It's very windy. Thursday is not a day I would bike anyway, as I have squash at night but I would have been seriously worried had I biked; think I’d still be out there now battling against the wind or as L points out, lying in a ditch somewhere. Although often she worries about me more in the car than on the bike.

Despite the high winds it's pretty safe in the car as maximum speed in the traffic is about 15mph these days. Suppose a lorry could topple over into the queue I'm in.

L had to be at work early, so we left the kids in charge of locking up and shutting all the internal doors to keep the dog out of the lounge and the bedrooms. It's all down to frontal-brain immaturity you know. The human brain is not fully mature until age 25, this is why teenagers reason, plan and make decisions so badly. So it's not bloody-mindedness after all. Mind you waiting until they are 25 before we can trust them to look after the house is pushing it a touch.

So we fully expect the collie to have a very nice day curled up on the settee watching the TV. Either that or he'll be having tea and biscuits with whoever has walked in through the open front door and walked off with said TV.

L says the wind sounds great from her attic office. She sends through at photo of Sandside in South Cumbria where the coast road is flooded. Looks great, I think we’ve driven down that very road, looking for beach for Doggo.

Of course we're off to Cumbria this weekend. The weekend forecast predicts snow, blizzards and white out conditions on the peaks, unfortunately there doesn’t appear to be the prospect of snow in the valleys. Will still be windy though. All the same don’t think we’ll be up in the hills but it all sounds very romantic. With any luck we might end up not being able to walk at all and might have to amuse ourselves in the tent for most of day. I will look forward to that.

Apparently Wollaton Park is shut due to high winds. How barmy is that. Assume it's some health and safety thing and they're worried that someone might get hit on the head with a stray twig.

Pub lunch. Not bad but not much good beer on, Flowerdew 4.0%, but excellent giant Yorkshire filled with spicy mince.

Get home and L goes out for a run, fighting against the wind with the dog. Should give them both a good workout.

I go off to squash. My opponent is complaining of a bad back, I'm struggling with my shoulder, so it's not a very good game. I lose heavily in the first game but win the second with room to space. Then I pick up another bruise across my back courtesy of his racquet when I get in the way of one of his shots. Later I return the favour. 1-1 . At which point his back is so bad that he can't bend down, so he changes his game and slows his play down. Frustratingly this actually seems to improve the accuracy of his shots. I don't win another game. We only play six this week. 5-1.

Grantham Stout 4.3% in the pub.

Tonight there's a good-looking girl behind the bar and this again brings to my mind the article that I briefly mentioned yesterday. The article was about the fact that on average, men experience seven sexual fantasies every day. I have heard this before but not sure if they actually meant fantasies or just thoughts. To me sexual fantasies are what usually inhabit my dreams when I'm asleep, although sometimes when I'm awake too. I have five particular favourites that regularly reoccur!

Anyhow most of these fantasies (or thoughts), or five out of seven are supposedly triggered by circumstantial events, like the appearance of an attractive woman and the other two just arise spontaneously.

Apparently women have an average of five fantasies a day; three from external cues (although doesn't say what! Must ask L) and two from within.

I'd heard that women were only supposed to have one sexy thought a day not five but who am I to argue with new research. Perhaps women are just being more honest and owning up to having them.

Anyhow, the girl behind the bar sets my mind off in a particular direction, so I suppose that's what they mean. Although almost immediately it's not her in my thoughts as my mind quickly replaces her with my own sexy girl who is waiting at home.

Later the girl collects our empty glasses and off goes my mind again. Now really fired up I head for home, hoping that L might be up for some fun tonight. Although perhaps not as I didn't leave her in the best of moods when I left. My fault I think. However you never know, perhaps she's been having one of her five sexy thoughts for the day.

In the end L retires to bed early. I stay up late setting up Sons new computer for him. My hamstring, my shoulder and now my back wouldn't make sleep easy anyhow. When I finish the job there are still three computers logged on to our network, so Son must still be up on his old computer, either that or he's fallen asleep at the keyboard.

Retire to bed but still can't sleep. Eventually get about three hours sleep, which isn't good news when I've got a drive up to the Lakes tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment