Friday 26 January 2007

Mr Careful

Wake up. Legs don't feel too bad. Temperature gauge says a balmy two degrees. It's not raining. Doesn't look icy. So there's no excuse for not going on my bike, although L looks very very tempting lying there in bed. I ought to go through my lucky routine but need to leave in good time in case it's icy and I have to go slowly.

I could wimp out and go in the car which would give me an extra twenty minutes or so in bed which would be enough time to do something about my first dirty thought of the day but no I am strong. I briefly wonder whether it would be too unromantic to try and do my lucky routine while shaving at the same time but no, I get up. I get ready to face the elements and the kamikaze traffic.

L tells me to be careful. Me? I am Mr Careful.

It's a good ride, not at all icy on the roads, although the pavements look like they might be. Only problem with the kamikazes today, was with a cyclist. An old bloke held me up. He was 102 but his racer looked older than him.

L doesn't believe me when I tell her how not icy the roads were. She says she had to smash several puddles for the dog because they were frozen. Don't know how she managed to find some frozen puddles, I didn't see any as I whizzed along with my head down. Ice worries her, as does anything cycling related, so the combination of the two must be nightmare for her. So it's a good job I'm Mr Careful.

Swimming has been scuppered both tonight and tomorrow morning because the only pool with sensible sessions is Noel Street and the pool is going to be closed for two months for roof repairs. Bugger that means extended pub session tonight and extended sex session tomorrow morning. Life is tough.

Been trying to get L to go to the gym more often and tonight she promises she'll go and be a gym bunny (her words). Not too sure what a gym bunny is but having one in the house sounds great fun. Hope she comes home in the outfit. Do they still call them gymslips? In which case we might not make it to the pub tonight. Which would be good for the alcohol units.

Things get more bizarre when she mentions she's shopping for yoga trousers and a sticky mat. Now I've no idea what a sticky mat is but I like the sound of it. I wonder where she's shopping for all this stuff? Ann Summers?

Cycle home wearing all the layers that I needed to ward off the morning chill. However it is now about 10 degrees warmer and I am a sweaty mess when I get home. Regrettably L isn't there to towel me down. I get a text message; my bunny has now hopped along from the Gym and is now in Sainsburys. I get changed and go pick her up.

We get home and take Doggo out for some exercise. A nice walk to the pub to stretch his legs. I have Two Sooty Stouts and a Supreme. L gets sloshed on two huge glasses of red wine. I take advantage of her weakened state when we get home and sneak a quick shag.

No comments:

Post a Comment