Sunday 7 January 2007

Led Up The Cinder Path

After rather a 'binge' for the last two nights we have an even longer lie in today, past 12.00. Including more excellent sex.

Then took Doggo on park with his ball, L joined us. Park was very muddy and hence now so is Doggo.

Get home and chill out with paper for a while. Lunch. Soup and sausage sandwich. Doggo has crashed, he'll now sleep for the rest of the day.

No run today but we do swim. L does 24 lengths; think I do the same. Really enjoy it, doing alternate lengths of breaststroke and front crawl. This combination means that for once I don't feel like I'm going to suffocate to death.

When we get home L and Daughter watch a film (Splash) while I assemble my new roof rack and knock up a Caribbean curry. Well I use Caribbean curry powder and you know what, it doesn't really seem to taste any different.

In the evening L talks me into some Catherine Cookson and we watch the Cinder Path on DVD. It's not really my usual sort of thing and for once I think even L was hoping that the lead actor would die in the final scene. In fact if he'd died in the first scene is might have helped. The final scene could have gone either way but bugger you guessed it; they all lived happily ever after.

Later I book the flights for our skiing holiday at Easter. Heathrow to Munich. This ends the debate about whether we are going to attempt to drive across or not. Just need to find somewhere to stay now.

It's a hollow victory but I seem to come out top in the FA Cup fantasy this week.

AF tonight. I reckon, and Saturday night is a bit hazy, 28 units for the week. On target.

No comments:

Post a Comment