Tuesday 16 January 2007

Bit Of Bully

Get up determined to bike in today. I even made up a sports drink the night before. Electrolytes for breakfast, yum yum. Can't hear any wind or rain so perhaps the weather isn’t too bad. It's been foul for the past few weeks now. I'm so intent on cycling that I forget to go through my ‘lucky’ pre-cycling routine of jumping L. This doesn't go unnoticed. L says I must be feeling confident that I will survive the journey. I know its early morning and she's still half asleep but if you ask me she doesn't sound disappointed enough!

Was worried about cycling past L and Doggo on their run, as they went off in my direction but I didn't see them. Although I find out later that I did pass them but fortunately they were in mid-dump outside the Police station so Doggo didn't notice me. Doggo certainly picks his spots, outside the police station for Christ's sake. He is such an exhibitionist.

The change of routine prays on my mind as I cycle, perhaps I'm getting superstitious. All the same I make it to work in one piece. My legs feel good and I enjoyed it, even though it started raining half way through.

Apparently I overtook a work colleague coming through Spondon; who was in his car. We both arrived at work at more of less the same time and my route from Spondon is longer than his is. So that shows how bad the traffic was.

L says it rained heavily in Nottingham. Don't remember it raining heavy when I was cycling but perhaps I just didn’t notice. The rain was actually quite welcome.

She says would have got soaked walking to work had some young babe not offered to share an umbrella with her. Hmmm. No babe has ever offered to walk me to work. Hope L got her phone number. Says it made her feel like an old lady and people will be offering her seats on buses next. Hmmm that happens to me all the time.

England actually win a cricket match in Australia. Regrettably it's not against Australia but against New Zealand but beggars can't be choosers.

Stop off to get FA Cup tickets on the way home. The mighty Bristol Rovers visit next week.

Have a good ride home, despite more rain. Had considered doing a run when I get back but am so knackered I decide against it. I leave L in charge of taking Doggo out for his canter and, considerate male that I am, instead head off to the pub with a mate of mine.

First we go for a pizza. Normally we order too much food but today I'm that starving I could eat the meal twice over. Have two bottles of Stella. Afterwards we retire to the pub where we indulge in two pints of Flowers and a bit of bully. You know that silly TV quiz Bullseye but computerised. It's been a while since we hit the quiz machine, it is usually broken, or in use but tonight we get to chance our arm. One question has me totally stumped 'Which manager guided Leeds United to European Cup triumph?' because Leeds have never won it! Realised later that as one of the answers was Brian Clough, then the question should probably have referred to Nottingham Forest but we didn't work that out at the time and it costs us a £5 win!

We do achieve quite a few wins but put most it back. We have sussed the tactics of the game now though, so next time we should clean up. Keep out the black and in the red, you get nothing in this game for two in a bed. Although by the next we play it they'll have probably replaced the game by a different one.

Head home to L, I'm looking forward to catching up with her and perhaps giving her a bit of a ravishing but my body aches that much, I had to stand up at the quiz machine as well, and I'm so tired that ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No comments:

Post a Comment