Monday 8 January 2007

New Year Resolutions

Feeling a bit rough this morning and even consider skipping off work. Which really isn't me. Then when I get in the car the traffic is so bad, I consider turning round and coming back home. Only the fact that it would take me longer to get home than to work keeps me going. Once at work I soon seem to perk up, although this has nothing to do with actually being there.

FA Cup draw. Derby are drawn at home again and again against fourth division opposition, this time Bristol Rovers. Who have embarrassed us in the past but this time it might be different.

You never know it might be our year for a cup run: -
1. We are so boring; no one can score against us
2. He’s not resting players for the cup, well not unless I put them in my fantasy team
3. We are having so much luck and this seems to be also happening with the cup draw 4. All the premiership teams are getting drawn against each other and therefore knocking each other out

Get home and it's off to our first Monday night dog class of the year. On the way I drop L and Daughter off at L's parents. Then just as I get within half a mile of class we come across a road closed sign and are diverted back the way we came, round the block ten miles and eventually to dog class five minutes late. Everyone else is late though and some people have to be rescued when they lose track of the diversion signs and end up marooned somewhere in the countryside.

Class goes relatively well, training wise, and I manage to keep Doggo away from the Alsatian that he's not terribly keen on.

We are asked to make New Year resolutions. Two of them. A training one, which isn't difficult as we have a lot to improve on and also a competition one. The trainer sets us the aim of getting a top three this year, which now we're in grade five, is not going to be easy. She must be talking to me because Doggo isn't listening. An almighty scrap breaks out and there's Doggo and another collie from the next class squaring up to each other. You really can't take him anywhere. Perhaps his resolution should be to get on with his classmates.

Pick up L and Daughter and go home. Once home I have a really unhealthy snack of blue cheese on French bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment