Wednesday 3 January 2007

Finishing That Bloody Book

Finally back at work today and I decide to opt for the bus. I take a risk on the later one. It pays off, on time and no real traffic. Arrived in plenty of time for work.

Mid morning the new roof rack attachments arrive. Blimey. That's what I call service, less than 24 hours from order to delivery. Impressive. Let me name check The Roof Box Company www.roofbox.co.uk.

If only computer companies were as efficient. We are still waiting for Son's main Christmas present to arrive.

L bemoans this cruel world of ours. Apparently someone has left mega-chunks of Pannettone, that rather nice Christmassy type cake, in the coffee room at work. Hmmm sure she means it's a cruel world for all those people on the cake. She ought to be feeling rather smug sat there with her cup of tea and an apple. Bet they’re all jealous of her resolve and superior fitness. However I would have no objection if she put some of the cake into a doggie bag to bring home but she won't because I haven't eaten my way through the huge tin of chocolate biscuits that she brought home at Christmas. The tin is now at my work, away from the clutches of L and Daughter. Unfortunately I think everyone here is on a post-Christmas detox because I can’t give them away.

L's latest training gadget is going to be some device that beeps in her ear telling her when to do her swim stroke. Supposedly this will speed her up. Of course that depends what pace she sets the gadget to.

She sends me the link to the webpage. They have fins on the same screen. They look cool. I'm tempted with a pair of them. Wonder if they allowed in a race.

L serves up some excellent daal for tea.

Back to work for Doggo tonight. Dog class. Doesn't go terribly well, I think we have both got a bit rusty over Xmas.

Back home I finish that bloody book. He completes his Ironman and I am actually pleased for him. It’s even all a bit emotional at the end. Then he spoils it and lets on that he's done seven more since. Show off.

L is again draped over me as I read. Very 'romantic'. Unfortunately no amount of elbowing can induce any life out of her tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment