Wednesday 18 April 2007

Sleep Survey

L is up early and out running, Daughter goes with her on her bike. A combination which totally does in the dog.

I'm doing back to back biking. Legs ache. I thought they were going to seize up before I’d even left Wollaton but they loosened up as I went along. My Achilles feels dodgy though, think it’s all that clipping and unclipping of my shoes in the heavy traffic. I can't face the hill through Ilkeston so go through Sandiacre again. Very enjoyable, apart from the traffic that is, which is even worse than Tuesday.

Surprisingly, once at work my legs don't seem too bad but of course I’ve not cycled home on them yet. When it comes to riding home, I go the Ilkeston way again but first I have another attempt at finding the Spondon cycle path. It's no good; I still can't see where the signs go. I end up going miles out of my way. Will give this one up as a bad job. Eventually I make it to Spondon and would you believe it there are road works there now. So all routes to Nottingham have now been blocked at the same time. Planning of the greatest order.

I bike straight to John Carroll pool to meet L for a swim but neither of us has remembered a bike lock, so I bike back home and then come back in the car. I was going to bring Doggo back with me, as he seems to love sitting in car parks but he is in the garden annoying Daughter with his ball as she gets her bike out of the shed. So I leave him be. Apparently she's going to Guides on her bike. Blimey that's the third bike this week after it had sat gathering dust for the last year. Could this be a fitness campaign?

Get to the pool and I'm not sure I'm capable of much more than just a float around. The only way that anyone will be able to tell the iceberg and me apart is that I won’t be doing backstroke. If I'm unfortunate enough to be in her lane, it could get embarrassing because I’d get in her way, she’d have to try and overtake me.

Get home and Daughter is out so really we should be taking advantage of the free time, e.g. having sex on the stairs, that sort of thing. Yes Son is in, but that doesn't count, he wouldn't notice. Unfortunately we need to eat, Doggo has been missing us and in any case we only have 45 minutes or so before she'll need fetching from Guides.

Might be on for later though because L seems worried about the sleep survey that I am undertaking. I have to comment on my quality of sleep and what affects it for two weeks, in exchange for £15. Once of the questions is what I did in the hour before bed, as one of the options is sex, L seems concerned that the survey people may not think I'm getting enough if I don't tick it regularly. Is it possible to have 'enough' sex? So perhaps an early night tonight then, to get that box ticked.

So to dog training and the previous class runs over so we start ten minutes late, then we finish ten minutes early. Feel a bit ripped off but then again it was hard, there were only five of us, we were all knackered afterwards.

Back home for oysters. Box ticked.

No comments:

Post a Comment