Tuesday 24 April 2007

Damn the survey

The plan was to bike and swim today but it’s raining, so I decide to skip the bike. Tomorrow will do. I only want to do one bike this week in any case. Tapering I believe it’s called.

L’s already been for a swim before work. She emails me, gloating, as she tucks into her glowingly healthy fruit salad for breakfast.

After work I drive straight to the pool, L says because it’s a general session, the later I arrive the better it will be. All the riff-raff leave early. It’s a good job she says be late because the traffic getting into Nottingham is awful.

Despite some extreme intimidation from several people in my lane I do bricks (if you can call them that) of 16, 16 and 4 lengths. I think, I'm not good at counting lengths. So that’s 36 in total. Not bad. L does 30. Na na na na na as they say.

As I’ve skipped the bike; Doggo gets a run. Although he gives me that ‘do I have to’ look. I don’t think he likes running with me, he doesn’t get the sniffs and wees in that he’s used to and it does him in.

Despite Doggo’s reluctance and his constant lagging behind, it is a good run and I even enjoy it. It's so much more enjoyable when you don’t bike first. So not so enjoyable on Sunday then. L does her own route. We try and catch her but don’t manage it. She is home before us.

We nip to Maplin and buy an adapter for Sons PC to convert the sockets on his power supply unit. £3. It works like a dream.

Daughter's in London and now Son’s PC is repaired so we effectively have the evening and the house to ourselves but L won't let me misbehave. Says I won't be able to tick my box because it's not bedtime yet. Damn the survey.

Instead L cooks an excellent colourful stir-fry. I also have mango, banana and yoghurt. All healthy stuff.

Then we go to bed early. Ticks all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment