Thursday 26 April 2007

Kedgeree?

Took the bus, which bus was incredibly quick today.

I have been presented with a birthday card by work; it’s got ‘Over The Hill’ on the front. They obviously know something about Sunday’s bike course that I don’t.

L consoles me and says that I'm as old as I feel. Hmmm. Hope not. Mind you spending last night out at Maximo Park with my young girl perked me up. Incidentally L was wrong last night, it only takes four Leffe's for her to be safe from me but I made up for it this morning.

L's on edge today because her boss has offered to give her an injection in her troublesome thigh injury. Problem is the injury is rather high up on her thigh. She also reckons that she's still sloshed from all the Leffe last night. Perhaps that's a good thing, as she's got to bare some flesh to her boss.

Daughter's been in London for the last two days but she wasn't too thrilled with it all. I think the quality of the meals (they got burgers); the theatre and the accommodation were not quite up to the standard she’s used to. Not that she seems to appreciate these things when we take her.

Makes you wonder what the point of the Government and the schools allegedly trying to educate the kids in healthy eating and supposedly introducing healthy menus in the schools is, if they’re going to take the kids away and undermine that by feeing them cheeseburgers. It defies belief.

Pub lunch. Tollgate beer. Giant Yorkshire and spicy mince, no chips. They were offering faggots today; I was tempted.

I get the bus back and get chatting to an oldish, tubby, foreign chap, East European I think, while we’re waiting for the bus to bother to turn up. Naturally we end up discussing the unreliability of the Red Arrow, then lo and behold, as usual, two turn up at once. Just as we're getting on the bus he ropes a young female student into the conversation.

Once on the bus, I think he's going to sit next to me but I would rather he didn't, I wanted to plug into my music. In the end he doesn't, he sits at one of the tables, then he shouts down the bus to the student, asking her what course she is studying. She gets up, as if on elastic and moves down the bus to sit opposite him at his table. They laugh and chat all the way to Nottingham. Guys, apparently it really is that easy to pick up girls, even when you're old, foreign and over weight.

Squash. Win only one game and it is an epic 20-18 but I lose the other 5 games, although all but one of them narrowly.

I have Doggo in car with me and I take him with us to the pub. The Full Mash Séance that was off next week is on this but it isn’t really worth the wait. I try and pick a beer for my opponent that isn't golden in colour and fail miserably. I have a second pint, a Stout instead, which is better.

L texts to ask if I fancy kedgeree tonight. Sounds great, I wonder what page of the karma sutra that one's on? She reassures me that I’ll love it. ‘Trust me’ she says. Don’t you just hate it when people say that.

Home to L and kedgeree. She has a Pelforth, L that is not the kedgeree. I abstain. Kedgeree turns out to be food and it's not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment