Wednesday 11 April 2007

Cooking Oil

I realised I could not bike today like I usually do on a Tuesday because, what with being on holiday, I hadn’t left any clothes at work. Then I ended up being too late to catch the bus so I had to take the ski racks off the car and go the un-environmental way instead. L was still out time running with Doggo by the time I eventually left, they were clearly having a long one this morning.

Despite being late, it took me only twenty minutes to drive to work, no traffic at all. This will all change of course when the eighteen weeks of A52 road works start tomorrow.

Emailed L to find out if she'd got lost on her run. It took her ages to respond to my email. Says she’s been catching up, e.g. gossiping. Spooky goings on at her place though. Someone emptied a bottle of cooking oil over their front door and through the letterbox.

Cooking Oil? Why would anyone pour cooking oil over a door? Very odd. Disgruntled patient perhaps or just weirdoes? If they were trying to set fire to the place, they weren’t very clever. You have to get cooking oil very hot to ignite it. They’d need to use something like a blowtorch! Any respectable arsonist would have used petrol.

Then, in a separate incident, someone came back and pinched the letterbox. Was this the reason for the cooking oil?

I find out why they’d been on a long run. They got locked IN the park. She wasn’t the only one, there were several of them trying to get out of the side entrance - one of them legged it over the fence but she didn't think Doggo would go for that. I assume they were late opening the park rather than early closing it. Perhaps they just forgot.

Renewed my Derby County season ticket today. The scintillating football this season (not!) has obviously swayed me.

Get home and Doggo gets his second long run of the day. Full on Duathlon training now. We were out about 45 minutes at quite a good pace. Both of us knackered after that.

Unfortunately, because last night I felt so ill that I went straight to bed, some of my internet chess games timed out. So now, I’m knocked out of the tournament. Looking at the league table the winner has recorded 5 wins out of 5, all through time outs. Jammy git. I have one more to play against him; I’ll make sure I thrash him in that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment