Friday 13 April 2007

Rodents

On the bike again today. Although my legs do their best to say no but the training schedule says yes. Mistakenly brought my shoes home last night so have to carry them back to work. Opt for a backpack.

L and Doggo go for a run. Although she didn’t look terribly keen. Nor did the dog for that matter.

At work and our internet is down. Apparently the hamster that drives the generator has pulled a muscle. Our support department is working all out to try and find another rodent and will tell us when it's back and running.

By mid morning our internet is back up. That was quick. Rodents everywhere seem to be once more happy in their work.

Take a detour on my way home and bike through the back of Chaddesden then into Oakwood and onto Smalley and back onto my usual route into Ilkeston. Some woman in a Ford Ka who has clearly never read the Highway Code attempts to wipe me out at a mini roundabout. Then I extend it a bit round the back of Bramcote Baths too. Seems a long way round but it only extends it by a massive 4km. That'll have them quaking in their boots at the Duathlon start line.

Daughter has cooked the perfect post bike snack, ciabatta pizza loaded with sausage and cheese.

L’s out bricking again with Doggo.

I need a beer after all this activity and I talk L and Doggo into a trip to the pub; it wasn't difficult. Two pints of Legend and one of Supreme. Being sensible because the alarm has been set for 5.15am in morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment