Tuesday 10 April 2007

Fat Overload

Got up at a reasonable time for saying it’s a bank holiday and went for a run round the pond with Doggo and L. Now that the holiday is over it’s time to start putting in some training for my birthday treat, The Heart Of England Duathlon. Therefore, with that in mind but also for the convenience of leaving L the car, I bike to my parents for the match. Took a roundabout route, to avoid going the way that I would normally bike to work. I tried to follow a cycle path through Beeston, which took me the wrong way down a one-way street, then ran out, and told me to dismount. Eventually I got back on it and it took me a nice route but then brought me back to the main road. What was worse was that I was now on the wrong side and with no crossing in sight, so I had to wait ages to cross the busy road. Overall though, a nice and relaxing ride.

Derby were they usual uninspiring selves and were lucky to get a 1-1 draw against Coventry 1. Matt Oakley scores an acrobatic equaliser that afterwards Billy Davies puts down to the yoga sessions the players have been having.



Birmingham lose again, to Barnsley of all people but Sunderland win again and replace Derby at the top. Four games to go.

L drives over and we take my folks out for a meal to thank them for looking after Doggo. Not a terribly impressive meal but then it was just a Marston’s chain pub. I totally overloaded on the fat. The steak and stilton sounded good but it was a very fatty steak and it was served with very fatty chips. Felt ill after that. I know a cyclist should carbo load but there are limits. Two pints of Pedigree, which is about as average as you can get.

Got home and felt so ill that I went straight to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment