Wednesday 17 October 2007

Treating The Gym Bunnies

Cycled again today but my cycling trousers are still wet through. I think this fast drying lycra is going to take all week to dry. So I have to dig out my cycle shorts, that I had put away for the winter, and my Ronhills. L takes Doggo out for a run but he doesn't look at all keen. I'm sure that dog is trying to retire from life.

Our server lets through a rather cheeky email from L, asking how my new brake pads are and whether I've used them yet. Not sure what's she implying by that, I’ve practically worn them out already.

Deborah Curtis' book is L's next treat if she survives the battle of wills with the biscuits in the coffee room at work. It must be costing her a fortune, all this not eating biscuits and cakes. L's theory is she'd rather be broke than fat. She isn't impressed by my suggestion that her treat could be an extra fitness session. She says even gym bunnies have to have special treats. She does, I suppose, spend a lot of time at the gym already. Just trying to be helpful. I’m all for treating gym bunnies; just send them to me.

There's a chap who works at the garage next door to where I work who meets a women with a young baby every day. She parks her car outside the garage gates and he spends 20 minutes or some bouncing the baby around while she stands around looking utterly bored. Why would he want her to bring his child to the garage every day? And why would she do it? Unless it's just to cop all the lustful glances she gets from the rest of the mechanics, although she pretends not to notice. Or is this his visitation rights, if so he's not getting a very good deal.

I cycle straight to the pool. It's a lot quieter than last week, all the new students seemed put off by how busy it was. I still have to battle a male psycho with fins on his hands. I'm not sure why they do that. I see him off and get to do a few lengths in peace and quiet before an aggressive female gets in and sees me off.

As I'm getting changed I have to share the changing rooms with the rather unpleasant sideshow of a chap cutting his toe nails. Gross.

I pass L on my way home; it would be rude to not stop for a quick snog in the street. I don't wish to be rude, so I stop.

Then Doggo and me go off to class, where he's a bit tardy tonight. Far too much sniffing, me thinks. We get home and L has done curry. After that I try and treat the gym bunny but I think she's all gymed out. Oh well, at least I treated myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment