Monday 8 October 2007

Girls And Apple Carts

L goes out running with Doggo probably against her better judgement but because the park isn't being unlocked early for her to get a walk in, she doesn't have many options. Running is the only way to get to the main entrance and back in sufficient time. Poor old Doggo looks shattered after his weekend.

I'm in the car and it's busy on the roads this morning but not too bad. Although the worst problems seem to be on Ilkeston Road, where according to L, a smash has brought lampposts down and put oil on the road. At least there's no knifings or burnt out cars this morning.

L's latest book project is War and Peace and she's started typing up a synopsis of it for me as she goes along, so that I will know the story before we see the play in February. It's a very professionally done synopsis, although the story so far seems to be mainly introducing characters and I’m not sure what the main plot is or whether there is one or not yet. To be fair she says she's reading about ten chapters ahead of her summary and she blames me for putting her off her summarising last night. As I recall, from the attire she was wearing, she got what she was looking for.

The best bit of War and Peace so far seems to be a bit about someone tying a bear cub back-to-back to a policeman and pushing them both into a river. The bear swam then ashore with the policeman on its back. I look forward to them re-enacting that bit on stage. There also seems to be quite a lot about the complex tactical manoeuvres of the Russian army. The army had a difficult mission to debate, concerning whether or not to break into a convent and show the nuns a good time. Having just marched 700 miles they may not have had the energy but I would have thought they'd have made the effort but they didn't. They did try to buy a young girl who was riding on an apple cart with her Father but he turned them down. Obviously holding out for a more money. It wouldn't have been much to go round a whole army, personally I would have thought the nuns would have been a better bet. I wonder if they were Granny Smiths? Which fortunately reminds me to get Daughter some Granny Smiths, while I'm in Sainsbury’s getting my lunch.

The traffic is awful on the way home, oh to be on my bike. L and Daughter are again at their gym circuits' session. Apparently this week it was taken by a man and is therefore far more vigorous than usual. As you would expect.

Doggo and I go off to Dog class. I'm sure he's sick of all this training but he does really well. Paw-perfect.

We pick L up from yoga on the way home. She's doing all these classes because she says she's promised herself a waistline by Christmas, she reckons she's lost hers somewhere along the line. Hmmm I'm not sure about that but I reckon all these classes are increasing the size of her chest, which isn't a bad compromise.

Once home L does an excellent freebie king prawn stir-fry. I got two packs of free king pawns from good old incompetent Sainsbury's. They were originally £5.99 each but on offer as buy two save £6. They had then been reduced in price to £2.99 each. I know how to play the system at Sainsbury’s and the checkout computer deducted £5.98 off my bill. So hey presto free pawns. Although, actually that's wrong, they should actually owe me 2p.

No comments:

Post a Comment