Wednesday 10 October 2007

A Significant Milestone

As I get ready for my ride in to work, L is getting ready to take Doggo out on a run. He doesn't seem too fazed by going out with her; I must have done something to upset him. She does loosen his jacket for him; she says he was looking rather like a Christmas turkey. I'm sure he's putting on weight, although I have no idea how, he barely eats.

L's parting shot is an offer to jump me as soon as I get back from dog class tonight. I was undecided about whether to go dogging tonight or not, I was going to ask the grey one (Doggo) what he wished to do. I'm sure he'd prefer a session with his ball in the garden. Hope L's offer still stands even if don't go.

I pass them on route. Doggo looked very focused on his running, he’s such a fraud or perhaps it's just me he doesn't like running with. L looked focused too. They were both bombing along.

I have a puncture free ride. Very pleasant and crucially it doesn’t seem to have had any adverse effects on my cough. It's also a bit of a significant milestone because I have completed my three thousandth mile on my bike since I bought it in May last year.

L's boss if off sick, so she's had to cancel his patients. The only one she couldn't get hold of, and hence the only one to still turn up, was a dog trainer. L says it doesn't matter because she'll be used to traipsing up and down the motorway for nothing. Hmmm, a cutting remark from my beloved about us dogging devotees but so very true after our rosette free trip up north.

Wiggle order arrived. Very impressive. Who needs the post?

L got all her workouts in early today, so now she says she's shattered and feels like the collie looks. Heaven knows how she's going to make good her offer from this morning. I’ll have to leave half a dozen energy bars out for her.

It looks even less promising when she leaves work early to 'pump iron' at the gym. I'm hoping to swim straight after work, punctures permitting, so hopefully I see her there. She says she'll wave to me.

I don't see L, she's finished before I get there. It's a shame because I like it when girls wave at me. It doesn't happen often enough these days. My swim isn't brilliant; the pool is rammed to the rafters.

I get surveyed on the way out about my leisure centre usage but the chap didn't ask any meaningful questions. It looks just like another of those surveys to make the Government feel good.

We skip dog class; L walks him to Guides instead. I cook a curry for all of us; well I open a jar, which is a bit lazy. Son even eats his hot and then follows this with a hot bath. So it must be a quiet night in cyberspace or perhaps he's cutting back. He's not paid me his internet bill yet.

I take some wine to bed and wait for my offer to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment