Tuesday 30 October 2007

Getting Rather Broody

I spend probably too long limbering up for my bike ride this morning, but L seems very insistent that I do so and I don't like to argue. So I'm a bit late leaving and have a bit of time to make up. L takes Doggo out on the paper round.

A lycra clad blonde babe gives me a smile and a cheery wave as she passes, eyeballs out, in the opposite direction. I couldn't help but slow down to get a better look. Phoarr, that is seriously sexy, no not the girl, well not just the girl, the bike, I'm sure that was a carbon frame Trek she'd got between her thighs. Gorgeous. Bet she'd got a compact chainset too, probably full Dura Ace. I'm afraid I'm getting rather broody. I think I'm taking this cycling too seriously.

Son's started doing archery at college. This is their enforced 'enrichment'. L is hoping it's going to enrich all our lives and this will the 'thing' he was born to do. She's really looking forward to a day out in London in 2012, watching him take on the world. I hope she's not getting her hopes up too high.

He had his first session last night, so it must be indoors, unless they've been shooting arrows in the dark, which doesn't bare thinking about. L's surprised it's happening after college and not during one of his multitude of 'free' periods. She doesn't realise how intense college life is, he doesn’t have ‘free' periods he has 'study' periods. It's not a life of Riley being a student you know.

Wiggle deliver again, this time my thermal bottle and overshoes, which are like galoshes. Will L still fancy me in rubber boots? Hmmm, they're not exactly sexy.

L confesses that she's been eyeing up the blokes again, apparently to check out their rucksacks. I hope I've got that right. She says she saw one and liked the way it sat around his waist. I assume she's looking to buy one for running. I'll show her mine later.

I cycle home without any mishaps and then go out for a run with my reluctant dog. I fancy the long route around the university but I let him choose the run tonight. Naturally he heads straight for the park, which is locked of course, and I have to steer him towards the pond instead. It's probably for the best that we’re not doing the long haul round the university; I have the possibly of another two bikes, a swim and a squash match coming up this week before my race on Sunday.

L's out, having an evening of gossip followed by a Broadway Bite, without me. She doesn't seem to be looking forward to it that much; says she often can't get a word in edgeways. She reckons she'd rather be running, even with Doggo. Now that is pushing it. Well if all else fails she could always sit there with her Ipod on.

When L gets home she looks quite high, yet she's not been on the alcohol, she's been on the herb teas. Obviously dangerous stuff. I wonder if she's inebriated enough to be taken advantage of. Yep, thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment