Monday 1 October 2007

Jonathan

In the car today, so an amorous start to the day. Then into the queues. The M1 is gridlocked which upsets the A52.

The radio trumpets Derby's new marketing strategy which is 'Derby: The Dead Centre of England'. This is a reference to the fact that Derby is supposedly one of the most haunted cities in the UK and the city is (and I quote) 'ready to scare the living daylights out of anyone brave enough to visit'. I'm not really sure that that will pull the punters in.

Meanwhile Nottingham is having an enquiry, which starts today, into their proposed workplace parking levy. I was invited to participate, in my role as a serial complainer, but I, in common with most WORKING people who will be affected by the WORKPLACE levy, had to go to WORK.

The enquiry hears that commuters driving in the morning rush-hour travel at an average 17.3mph. I average over 15mph on my bike; of course if it wasn't for having to dodge the cars I'd be much quicker.

Doggo is, as expected, rather slow at dog class. If he can just get through the shows this weekend then he can have a rest for most of the winter. We pick L up from yoga on our way home.

L cooks up some slag. Then says that I can take her to bed after she's read a chapter of her book. I'm not sure if this means a chapter of just one book or a chapter of all the half a dozen or so books she has on the go at the same time. She assures me she's only doing Jonathan tonight. That's apparently Jonathan of Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. She seems to have a thing about him.



I'm not convinced. I go on the computer and give her half an hour just in case. I don't want to come between her and her other men.

34 units last week, most of which were on Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment