Monday 29 October 2007

Artistic Integrity

As usual on Monday I take the car in.

Derby County announce that they have a new Executive Chairman. Adam Pearson joins the board and replaces Peter Gadsby. His job will to try and attract people to invest in the club. Good luck, he’ll need it.

L is still working her way through War and Peace and summarising it for me. In her latest précis it’s finally starting to liven up a bit. Mainly due to the men having women trouble of course. Although L reckons it’s down to the men being silly and childish, fighting over the women. Well yes, isn’t that the way it’s always been. She’s under pressure to keep reading, as we have the play booked for February. It’s a bit like having the pressure of a blog to update.

I'm still confident that I’ll be able to précis her précis down to around one hundred words and have it on the back of my "I’ve Read War And Peace" t-shirt.

L’s decided to skip her psycho gym circuits session tonight because Daughter has homework to get in. Instead she’s going to do a dog free run while Doggo is out at training. She’s going to go round one of our old training routes to see if she can manage a 10K. I’m sure she’ll miss Doggo’s help.

Post run she aches but seems pretty smug about it. All she needs now is a good warm down.

Dog class goes well, although it’s all rather dull, we're training specific things tonight and we don’t get a blast round a course. Get home and L has done posh fish and chips. Sea Bass and chunky chips. We live in style.

Someone has put something called an ‘anti-dullness foaming gel’ in the bathroom; which sounds like something out of Harry Potter, a personality changing potion or something.

As I’m minding my own business, trying to update this blog, Daughter interrupts and hands me a contract. Luckily it’s almost illegible, so I can honestly say I haven’t read it but I assume it concerns what I can and cannot put on this blog. That would of course compromise my artistic integrity; I’m having none of that. I consider signing it ‘Mickey Mouse’ but she whisks it away before I get chance and then oddly tries to eat it. The lesson is of course, don't let your Daughter read your blog.

Started a new book tonight, Daughter's mad person’s diary thing. 'My Fat Mad Teenage Diary' by Rae Earl. Very enlightening. The year is 1989 and the period detail brings back memories. The author is seventeen in 1989, I’d be twenty one and apparently all the girls were gagging for it. Well that wasn’t the impression they gave as far as I can recall, if only they’d been more upfront about it. As for the goings on in the car parks, well Stamford was obviously the place to be. One things for sure I can sleep well at nights now knowing that whatever I blog about, it can’t possibly be a bad influence on Daughter when she reading stuff like this. I look forward to picking it up again tomorrow.



Rae Earl has done rather well for herself, a former presenter on Ram FM, where edited extracts of her diaries were first broadcast, she now presents the Breakfast Show on Leicester Sound with her co-presenter and husband Kevin Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment