Thursday 12 July 2007

Urban Legend?

L says I looked pretty bad this morning; I can always rely on her for compliments. It is true that I'm a bit knackered but I'll soon perk up. It was a busy night but it's a case of fitting the training in when you get chance. The same goes for the early nights. I've got squash tonight, so I might need L to give me a good rub down afterwards if I’m not going to be even stiffer in the morning.

I take the bus and I was a bit worried which driver I would get because I'd only got a £20 note but he was oddly nice. He said that was more than enough and gave me a tenner and a fiver in change, no loose change, how odd. Have they been training the staff?

I've reviewed my results at Erewash and have just realised that an old foe of mine, Mr Beach Shorts, beat me again. Again I out swam him but he out biked and ran me. L thinks I take too much time looking at people's ponytails, outfits, and numbers. Don't know if she means that that slows me down or whether she thinks I'm just too preoccupied with other people's results.

A while ago, I complained to Derby City Council that there were no road markings at the Asda roundabout when approached from the Derby side. This makes it difficult for cyclists because cars roar past you on both sides going on to the A52. If the road was marked then it should be obvious where I’m going and that the cars should pass me on my left. This was back in November, so they’ve not actually rushed and I have had to nag them, but today they finally reply. Saying, that the relevant investigations have now been carried out and it has been agreed to provide carriageway markings. They even attach a copy of the proposed road markings for my approval. Blimey. Didn’t expect a result like that.

L says I'm becoming a bit of an urban legend. Hmmm. Spurred on by that I may just contact Erewash Council about the state of the road through Sandiacre.

I get the bus home and then take Doggo for a quickie on the park. Then it's squash. I'm very rusty after three weeks off and I lose the first three games, although I should really have won the first one. Opponent is by now totally knackered, three weeks off hasn't done him much good either. I win the fourth but he rallies to win the last two.

Two beers in the pub. First Full Mash Séance, I can't remember which of the many Full Mash beers I like, turns out this wasn't one of them. Second, a Holdens ale. It's slightly better but almost as dull. They're both pale beers. Even my opponent has beer. His first is also pale. So he has a pint of mixed next, so a least he gets a dark one.

Get home and L bless her, has does a spam curry. Excellent.

Go to bed with a glass of white wine. My libido says a quickie would go down nicely. My legs say not on your life. Libido wins but it's hard work. They do says that all the best things take a bit of effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment