Saturday 14 July 2007

So It Appears He Did Have It In Him After All

We have a fairly relaxed lie-in with double sex. Then I drive over to Newark to visit a letting agent about a property I am hopefully buying over there. L accompanies me, although she's very sceptical about the whole affair. I show her the house which, I think, at least reassures her I'm not buying anywhere that's better than what we have. We then trip over to the Derby runner shop to look at trainers but come away with nothing. Looks like another victory for Wiggle.

I spend the afternoon watching the first mountain stage of this year's Tour de France and then take myself off for a 10K run without Doggo. I do a good loop round the park but then end up doing laps around the estate until my watch shows that I've been out for around 45 minutes, approximate 10k time. Not very scientific. I don't think I ever got near to race pace so it was probably nearer 8K than 10K.

L goes to the gym at the Tennis Centre. Then later, Doggo and I walk across the park to meet her, although, I'm late thanks to a wine order I've been placing at Virgin Wines. Their website is so crap it takes far longer than it should have done.

We walk to the Victoria. I have a pint of Wentworth 4.1% and then three pints of Broadside 4.8%, which is on particularly good form. L too is on the Broadside but she finishes with a Leffe. Yep, I know she'll be on her back.

One of L's friends finds us in the pub. We haven't seen her for ages. She's fairly recently divorced and supposedly a devout Christian so we are particularly stunned to see that she is very very pregnant. Luckily I think we had finished our discussion on drunken rape by the time they turned up.

I was just wondering whom the father was, when a long-term 'friend' of hers appears. Blimey, so it appears he did have it in him after all or should that be she's had it in her. They tell us that they got married a few weeks ago. Yes... but... she is a lot more than a few weeks pregnant. I'm dying to ask whether she's been to church looking like that, I'd have loved to have seen the reaction. The church has had people burned at the stake for less.

No comments:

Post a Comment