Friday 27 July 2007

Mere Mortal

I have a day off because I’m supposed to be helping out a dog show both today and tomorrow but the weather has claimed another victim and it is off. So I have a free day. How odd, don’t get many of them.

This means that I get a lie-in and L does too because although she’s at work she doesn’t have to take Doggo out because he’s going to be with me all day. This gives us chance to catch up on a little sex but only a little because somehow L has talked me into joining her at the gym this morning.

At the gym I do a little treadmill first which just reminds how much my thighs ache after the 5 miler and yesterdays biking. So after 10 mins I think sitting down on the bike might be better. It is but it’s dull, not at all like a real bike so after five minutes on that I go for the rowing machine. This is more like it, much more fun. I row for a kilometre and then make my re-acquaintance with the medieval leg press. It gets the better of me again and I head for the pool.

L remarks that she noticed I got into the ‘Slow’ lane and called me a coward for doing so. It looked far too competitive in the ‘Fast’ lane for mere mortal like me. Afterwards in the changing rooms the two chaps who had been hogging it, flip turning and the like, were discussing how much training they‘d do between the Vitruvian and Robin Hood triathlons that are on consecutive weekends. I kept my head down, although my ‘Top 105 T-shirt’ did get noticed but they were probably too embarrassed for me to say anything.

I get home and everything aches after my session and Doggo is nagging me to go out. So we go and do an hour on the park with his ball.

He’s knackered after that and I spend the rest of the day fetching him off the settee. Each time I chuck him off, as soon as my back is turned he’s back on. I fetch him out of the room entirely and close the door, much to his disgust.

L’s had a busy day, she says it’s so bad she’s bringing home a whole carrot cake and she’s going to sit and eat the lot. So I might have to save her from herself.

In the evening we walk to Beeston and the Victoria. Full Mash Catalyst 5.2% and Caythorpe Stout 4.2%. Doggo’s hard day with me at home seems to have left him knackered. He spends most of the night asleep under a table in the pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment