Monday 9 July 2007

A Day Of Results

It's a day of results today. Firstly, the results for the Colwick Park run show that, as expected, I wasn't quite on top form. In fact I was 47th, in a time of 32:12. So quite a dip in performance but still not bad. My pace was still quicker than the Wollaton run, if only just.

Overall across the four races I came 30th in Men's or 35th overall. If it wasn't for me taking it easy in the 10K, I would have been quite a bit higher. Or the alternative view is, if I'd taken it easy in the other three events, then I might have enjoyed it more.

I keep checking the Erewash website for the results of the triathlon until it dawns on me that it's a council website so I could be waiting some time. So I google for the company who did the timing and come up trumps. I find their website and there are the results. I am confirmed as 15th. L says that makes me an elite athlete. Not convinced. I beat a lot of people on shopper bikes with kids seats on the back but as they say you can only beat the competition that is put in front of you. So still pleased.

L says she's exhausted, she reckons she feels like the dog looks. She can’t possible feel like the dog looks; even I don’t feel THAT bad and I'm the one who did the triathlon yesterday. Doggo does look knackered though, he'll probably start limping to get out of his agility training tonight.

Derby sign Andy Todd, a 'tough' defender, who’s good for a few red cards and the odd punch up in training. That apart, not only is he British but he was even born in Derby. He is of course the son of Derby legend, Colin Todd.

The most exciting saga in football at the moment and it's doubtful that anything will top it all season, even when they start playing, is the situation at Leeds United. It's totally enthralling, far more interesting than the football itself. I’m hooked.

Despite Ken Bates upping his offer to creditors to 8p in the pound, which is eight times what he originally offered, the Inland Revenue still intend to take him to court to recover the £7.7M that they are owed. So the Administrators are putting the corpse, sorry I mean the club, back up for sale, bids have to be in by 5pm tonight.

They must be hoping that there's some dictator somewhere who fancies a punt at the Third Division. The FA won't mind how unsavoury they are, they seem quite happy for that exiled former Thai Prime Minister with the appalling human rights record to take over at Manchester City. They could even put the frighteners on the Revenue.

The players are back in training this week, would be interesting to see who turns up at Leeds, it's rumoured they only have twelve players left.



Finally my parcel arrives from Amazon containing the OMD CD's. I spend all afternoon going retro.

Doggo doesn't reinvent his lip, so I take him to training. It goes quite well.

Huge pile up 2km from the end of the Tour De France today and Mark Cavendish is involved again. It's not going well for the poor lad.

No comments:

Post a Comment