Thursday 26 July 2007

The De-caff Runs Out

Last night I was defeated by Harry Potter, he got taken to bed by L but despite plying her with coffee and chocolate, there was no energy left in her for me. This morning though, I got my own back with a quickie. Ha. Beat that Harry.

No squash today, his back is playing up. I was obviously too much for him last week. So I get to cycle again after all. Only problem is as I get up the rain is pounding on the windows. I don’t fancy a wet walk to the bus either so looks like it might have to be the car. L and Doggo head out into the elements for their walk. Then suddenly it fines up. I slip into my lyrca and go for it. I manage to get to work without it raining on me but almost as soon as I’m changed and at my desk, tucking into my porridge, it starts to chuck it down again.

The winner of the Tour de France isn't Michael Rasmussen because he has been sensationally sacked by his team for lying about his whereabouts when he should have been taking out of competition drug tests. He said he was in Mexico when really he was in Italy. The Dane has passed as many as 17 drugs tests during this years tour but the real question is what has he been taking during altitude training to boost his body in preparation for the race.

The question now is, can Cadel Evans, who now lies second behind the new leader Alberto Contador, beat him by 1 minute 57 seconds in the final time trail on Saturday to take victory.

I have a busy day at work as it’s my last working day before my holiday. I have to deal with a particularly awkward customer. It's made even more stressful when the de-caff runs out. So now we have no coffee at all.

It rains all day but then stops at 4.30, just in time for me to cycle home but then I have to stop late to sort out a few problems. My colleagues are praying for the delay to make it rain again but it doesn’t. When I leave at 6.00 it is still fine. It does rain a little on my way home but not enough to warrant putting my waterproof on.

I again make use of my new white lines. A fan of mine and a regular reader of this blog has requested that I publish details of where these famous lines are so that fans like her can go and see them. Ok so I admit it was L who suggested it. My lines are at what is know as the Asda roundabout at Spondon near Derby. They are as you go onto the A52, Nottingham bound. Multimap here.

I get home but by now I’m too late to do my planned swim. L cooks up some pasta then we take Doggo across the park and have a few drinks at the Rodney. Its certainly more pleasant there now it's smoke free. A Wentworth 4.0% and two Directors 4.8%.

No comments:

Post a Comment