Sunday 15 July 2007

I'm Just A Mere Muggle.

I get up early and drive down to Rugby for a dog show. All our three courses are set up from the moment we arrive and we have finished competing by 10.50. Although bizarrely our first course becomes our last as the judge decides, 40 dogs in, that the courses is dangerous. He changes it and restarts the class, wasting an hour of the day. Yes it was tricky if you brought your dog over the wrong side of the jump before the A-Frame but the solution was to bring the dog over the correct side or if you're not clever enough to do that, take the time to straight the dog up before you send it up the A-Frame. Just my opinion. It wasn't supposed to be a course for beginners.

Funnily enough, that A Frame causes us our only disaster of the day but it's because Doggo fails to stop on the other side of it and therefore misses the next jump, rather than anything to do with the trickiness of the ascent of it.

Other than that we have clears in the other two courses and a rosette for 11th. The problem with finishing before 11am was we had to wait three hours for the presentation but we were still home for 3pm.

L tells me that she's done a fitness check that was in the newspaper. I think it involves climbing on and off a step for several hours. She says she’s in the excellent range. So she's fitter than she thought, personally I’ve always thought she was pretty ‘fit’ or else I wouldn't have spent the last x years shagging her now would I. Talking of which, as Daughter isn't back from her father's yet, the best use of the afternoon is to take L to bed, which I do.

The Tour de France doesn't tape, which really annoys me. I was looking forward to watching two and a half hours of the mountain stage 'as live', now I'll have to make do with the highlights.

L goes to collect Daughter while I feast on the cottage pie she has been organised enough to cook.

Then when Daughter gets back the three of us go off to see Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix. Son wanted to come but his hectic schedule meant that he was fully booked all weekend and couldn't fit us in until Wednesday.

I don't feel qualified to review Harry Potter. Having not read any of the books, I found it all very confusing and got very lost at times, even though I have seen all the other films. This wasn't helped by dozing off occasionally. Not really the fault of the film, I'd had a hard day. Still enjoyed it though. I asked L whether it was backwards but she said it wasn't. Visually it was as impressive as ever and the acting from Daniel Radcliffe seems to be getting better, just don't ask me about the plot. I'm just a mere Muggle.



(I've always liked fiery women)

Get home and finally catch up on the Tour de France. I'm knackered but we still manage to fit in a sexual nightcap.

30 Units for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment