Friday 20 July 2007

The 3am Habit

After both of us falling asleep last night I wake up in the middle of the night, face to face with L. A peck on the lips turns into a passionate snog. Either she's awake or she having a great dream. It seems a shame to waste the opportunity, so I don't. 3am sex is becoming a bit of a habit, but a very nice one.

I get sarcasm from Daughter when I wake her as I leave, so she’s back to normal. I take the bus to work. The bus is back to being late rather than early, which I can handle. So normality restored there too.

Must have been a good squash game last night. My opponent emails to say he aches all over, has a sore back and legs, and even a mild hangover from his one pint of beer. Sounds like a good evenings work.

Tonight's plan is that L wants to gym at Harvey Haddon. I can then walk up to meet her there and then together with Doggo; we can meander through the houses to the Fox and Crown. However it looks like the rain might put pay to our plans.

L is now at home and says that the dog's tongue is sticking out about a foot but he’s just faking it. He's just trying to get out of going out in the rain; he's even refusing to go out the back door for a wee.

L's got soaked yet again as she walked home but I'll be ok on the bus because I’ve got full cover waterproofs with me, I’d seen the forecast.

The upshot of L getting drenched is that she says she's got nothing dry to wear tonight. Bonus. I can’t wait to get home.

Daughter is at a sleepover, which includes queuing at midnight for the new Harry Potter book, so with no one else in the house, Son doesn't count, L and I end up in bed, where I'm defeated 2-1.

Talking of Harry Potter, L will be reading it too, the minute Daughter has finished with it. She is worried how she is going to get through the next week without the ending being blabbed to her. Apparently Childline are putting on extra staff over the weekend because of the death of a main character. The worlds gone mad but who are all the adults going to ring? I heard that it was worse than that and at least half a dozen characters meet their untimely death. That news has probably increased L's alcohol consumption tonight.

Personally I don't know what all the fuss is about, surely it'll all turn out to be a dream, or backwards.

The weather fines up a touch and we walk to Fox and Crown after all.
Three and a half pints of Brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment