Thursday 1 February 2007

Hot And Spicy

Came in the car again today. Traffic was ok but I went through Ilkeston again, it’s less stressful that way.

L says I look looked very tired both last night and this morning. Suppose I do feel a bit washed out. Don’t know why, had an easy week really. Not been eating very healthily though. I just haven’t had time to eat anything sensible or perhaps it's just this new version of L that's too much for an old man like me. Doubt my opponent will take it easy with me at squash tonight.

No pub today. Kitchen being refitted. So didn't get my cottage pie and had to make do with a beef salad baguette, on white bread I’m afraid and two bananas. Hope my squash doesn’t suffer.

Did you know that squash is another of those sports that, like cycling, the British excel at, yet no one seems to notice. Half the players in the world top 20, both male and female, are British. Our top player Peter Nicol was number one in the world rankings for five years, and won every international squash tournament that there is. Can you imagine the reaction if one of our tennis players, such as Tim Henman, achieved anything like that? He would have become a national god. Yet Nicol is still unknown.

The British public are routinely thrown into frenzy over the smallest success in sports such as football and cricket. Obviously the BBC's Sports Personality of the year awards didn't give a single mention to squash.

Anyhow whinge over, on to tonight's game. I managed to inflict an injury on my opponent, in the warm-up. Which is quite an achievement. Well if he will get in the way, what's does he expect? Game didn't go well. He got his serve in to a rhythm and I just couldn’t break him out of it. He rattled off five games in a row. Although in one of them I led 14-11 and then I served the ball out. A fatal mistake. I lost the game 20-18 in the end. Quite an epic I suppose. Finally won the last game. So it finished 5-1. He was gutted to lose the last one and was depressed all evening in the pub afterwards. Makes it all worthwhile.

Pint of Hop Back Entire Stout 4.4% Very nice. No 'circumstantial events' behind the bar tonight.

Get home and my own special sexual fantasy girl serves up an outstanding spicy three-bean chilli and then dishes up something equally hot and fiery in the bedroom for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment