Tuesday 27 February 2007

Head Butt

It's raining. I can hear it. The radio forecast is for more of the stuff. Reluctantly I decide not to bike, as I have nowhere at work to dry my wet gear. Could do the bus but then I get a wet walk! So it’s car again. The journey was very good again, roads quiet.

L's not so happy; she got soaked on the park with doggo and then soaked again on her way to work. Yep, I'm glad I didn’t bike. Just got to decide now whether to bike or swim tomorrow! Decisions decisions.

The rain appears to have fallen as snow all over the ski areas in Scotland. Whether it’ll be enough to ski on at The Lecht, I’m not sure. Cairngorm seems optimistic it will at least put them back to where they were when we went.

Son could be in mega-trouble today because he hasn't done a project that should be handed in today and its part of his GCSE coursework. Apparently he's going to do it in his lunch break. So perhaps he won't be getting a very good grade for that then. I doubt he'll have a problem. Son always falls on his feet. Knowing him he'll get an extension, probably until the end of May. After all the school does have to think of its exam results and its league table position.

Daughter's a very unhappy bunny. Her planned cinema trip has been cancelled because her friend is off ill. How inconsiderate of her friend. Then again they were planning to go see Epic Movie. So she's had a lucky escape.

To make matters worse she also got soaked this morning and then missed the bus and had to walk in, so she got a detention for being late. My first thought was, great, think of all the calories she walked off.

Then she almost got another detention for going into school without a tie. She'd left it at her ill friend's house. Hmmm don't quite understand that. We have a house full of school ties, most of which are on her bedroom floor. If children had eyes they'd be dangerous.

Got home and did a very muddy pond run with L and Doggo. Far too muddy and because it was dark I couldn't see where to put my feet. I nearly got my new trainers muddy.

Then we swim which kind of makes my mind up for tomorrow. I'll have to bike now. It was a public session but with two lanes both of which were full. So I made an unofficial third lane along side them. This worked well until L, who was swimming further down, shunted two women who were probably discussing the latest edition of Hollyoaks down out of her way and into mine. I think they finally got the hint that they were in my way when I kept doing my turns by touching the wall over one of the women shoulders. Eventually they got out.

I might have intimidated them out of the pool but the girl in lane 2 is certainly intimidating me. She is doing all four strokes in rotation: - Breast stroke, front crawl, backstroke, and butterfly. Even when she's swimming butterfly she's faster than me. I'd like to see her be so cocky on a Wednesday when the Iceberg is parked in lane 2! My one consolation is that at least she can’t do flip turns but then just to rub it in she does one. Show off.

I try a flip turn of my own but soon pack in that silly idea. Far too embarrassing. I can see the attendants glaring at me, imploring me to please not drown on their shift.

Despite all these distractions I think I manage seven, yes SEVEN lengths of front crawl without stopping. Progress.

Back home L cooks again and then we retire to bed. Unfortunately in the bedroom Doggo head butts L as she tried to pull the blanket off the bed before he can shag it. The collision leaves her with a cut lip. She’s not happy with the dog and I’m not happy with the dog because that means no BJ tonight.

Oh and Son's project doesn't even have to be in yet. He got the wrong date. Which means we'll have the same panic all over again when it's finally due in.

No comments:

Post a Comment