Monday 12 February 2007

Customer Service

It's Monday, so I'm in the car. The trip was not too bad but not as easy as I expected bearing in mind its half term in Derby.

L is still deaf from the gig last night.

The car brakes have developed a grating noise, which sounds like I need new pads. So I drop it off at ‘Rapid Fit’. They say it shouldn’t be a problem getting it ready for 5pm. I'm hoping they live up to their name. Fingers crossed.

L's been to see her GP about her ongoing injury. The muscle was suspected to be ‘off the bone’ or something. She's been referred to a Musculoskeletal Clinic, which sounds impressive.

Another gripe. Why does everyone make half-full cups of tea except me? Both the other people in my office have made me half-full cups today. What's the hassle in filling a mug up? What happened to customer service?

L's yoga tonight is off. Presumably the staff are still off after the shock of the snow on Thursday.

The garage rang, the car's ready. Didn’t need new pads, apparently there’s corrosion on the discs that was causing the grating noise. They say they’ve cleaned them up and it's fine now. What's more it's free of charge as part of a free brake check. Blimey, a lot of garages would have gone ahead and put new pads on anyway. Faith in customer service kind of restored.

Get an email from Powergen; they are crediting our account with £36 for putting us on the wrong tariff. Aside from the fact that it was their fault in the first place, that I had to spot, it's still not too bad a day for customer service.

Dog Class. Doggo manages to snap his new North Face lead and get away from me. He runs up and confronts the Weimaraner. I haul him away. We are no longer speaking. So much for North Face. They might be able to make decent walking gear but they obviously can't make dog leads strong enough to restrain a collie. Kind of puts you off buying a climbing rope from them. Doesn't it.

In our absence L and our new Daughter, the fitness freak version, do a long DFR (Dog Free Run).

Get home and L's cooked up some excellent veggie pasta. Bed. No PJs tonight but it still ends in sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment