Tuesday 6 February 2007

My Glaring Omission

Son is off on a school history trip this morning, so L has to do the paper round. I offer to help out by taking the dog out because doing the whole round with him might be difficult but she declines. She reckons she can cope with him. Well I suppose he knows the routine by now. I think she is worried that if I take him for a run/walk then that might leave me in a weakened state for my cycle to work. She thinks about me you see, doesn't want me toppling off in an exhausted state. I think.

Was wondering whether to indulge in some 'good luck tricks', as L has started calling them (Tricks? Me?), when the decision was taken out of my hands. Perhaps L is getting a superstitious as I am.

Son has to be at school for 7.30. At 7.15 he's still not ready. He has absolutely no chance of getting the bus and being there on time. Not that he looks bothered. He hasn't grasped the concept of bus timetables and certainly not 'council run' bus timetables. He seems to assume that he just has to turn up at the bus stop, at any time, and the correct bus will magically show up. Which amazingly is how it always seems to happen for him, never works for me though. In this case though L has to rescue him and takes him to school in the car.

Good trip in on the bike today. Although it's a bit on the cold side but not icy. Once at work I discover that they haven’t enough milk for me to make my protein shake. So had to make do with some nuts and orange juice instead.

L's had a rough day so far. I think she regretted taking on the whole of the paper round with Doggo. In his enthusiasm he yanked her all the way round and now she's got lead-burns on her hands. Add to that the fact that Daughter seems to be trying to avoid school. She unilaterally decided that she was far too ill to go to school and threw the traditional wobbly. She went in the end but L had to thoroughly check the house in case she'd hidden somewhere instead.

L's off shopping to cheer herself up or perhaps its to cheer me up. She's after PJs for Scotland and some new vests. Sounds like quite a seduction kit. Hope it's me she's trying to pull. Will look forward to the fashion show tonight.

Amazingly England defeat New Zealand and victory is enough to knock New Zealand out of the triangular series and put England through to the final, where they'll play Australia.

Bike home. Have an energy drink and a banana. Meet my pension's man, who has brought family photos with him, of his Rottweiler. Then Doggo and I run down to meet L from her latest limb busting exercise class. Pilates this time, I think. As is now becoming traditional, I choose a different route to L and we miss her again. By the time we catch up with her, she is almost home. Well at least we got a good run out of it.

I have been pulled up by L for a glaring omission in this blog. She was miffed that I didn’t mention that Craig, for that was his name, the drunk from Friday night mistook her for a 23-year-old babe. I told you he thought his luck was in! Anyhow I didn't think it was worth mentioning. With her youthful looks it must happen all the time. It's so easy to forget that she isn’t quite that young. I forget all the time. Apology over, might even get me a night of passion if I'm lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment