Tuesday 5 June 2007

Power Walk

Drove in again today and I arrived really early. It's all L's fault. These early mornings of hers are getting me up so early I don’t know what to do with all the time.

L's gone to work on her bike today. Not that she's supposed to be on her bike, her physio has banned cycling. Bad girl. Although she's got a pilates session tonight and I guess there's no other way of getting there.

It turns out that Giles Barnes broke a bone in his foot after coming on as a substitute during the play-off final but didn't know he done it, so he managed to complete the game. I'm sure I've done the same myself in the past.

More whinges from the Leeds camp, apparently they have reduced the price of their season tickets. Even with a £150 reduction their renewal price is still £520 for the best seats compared with £460 at Derby. Suppose that’s fair enough, if you want to watch a ‘big’ club like Leeds (ha ha) you would expect to have to pay more.

Not that it affects him anyway, as he never buys one. He says he had a good weekend on supermarkets white wine. He says he got a decent South African Chardonnay for £4. Not quite as good as our free bottles of red obviously. Says he's sent his partner to Somerfield this morning to wait for the shop to open so she can clear the shelves of it. Isn't that a bit sad. He says it's merely prudent. Well hope she doesn’t get into a fight with the other winos.

After work I go and look at the property that I'm interested in. It's all fine, not the sort of place I'd particularly want to live in, but they say you're not supposed to let personal preference cloud your judgement on these things. It's youngish lad who owns it at the moment. Assume he must be single at the moment as he had Girlsdateforfree.com up on his computer screen. Not a site I'm familiar with but isn't that sexual discrimination, girls for free?

In the end L doesn't get out of work early enough to get to Pilates and she is out power walking with Doggo when I get home. A lucky escape for Doggo as he was destined for a run with me. Lucky escape for me too, as he's been such a pain on our runs recently. I set off at a fast pace as I expect to find them quite quickly then regret the pace when I don't. When I do eventually find them I join in the power walk. Bloody fast they are; I could barely keep up. Also Doggo doesn't appear to be too bad on the lead, if L keeps up these sessions he'll be that well trained I'll be able to do obedience with him.

I treat us to my famous delicacy of Spam Curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment