Monday 11 June 2007

Dandelion and Burdock?

Good drive in, very quiet. L is very quiet on email. I assume that this is because she is catching up on the post-wedding gossip because the Brides Mother is back at work today for the first time since last weeks extravaganza. When the first email arrives, it is confirmed that plenty of coffee and biscuits have been consumed but not much work done.

I hope L is giving her grief because L was put out that the Brides Mother described L as being "trollied" at the wedding reception. No mention of me, which means I must have got away with it. Seems my strategy of soaking it up with the bacon butties worked. L was hardly trollied compared with the brides father, now he was well and truly trollied, and well before we arrived.

I'm pleased to hear that the bride's sister has ditched her minder, the rugby player. A good job too, although for completely the wrong reasons, it seems she wants settle down and have babies. Ugh. What a waste and she seemed such a nice girl.

I think the Leeds fan has just realised that his team have after all been relegated. He's just seen next years Division Three league table and Leeds are in it. Good job, that due to his retirement, he won’t be looking at it then. Just wait for the shock he'll get when the fixtures come out on Thursday.

I'm in Sainsbury's at lunchtime and I see some reduced price large mushrooms. This reminds me that yesterday at the pub L was tempted with mushrooms stuffed with cheese that were on the menu. I pick up some stilton and plan a decadent and seductive meal tonight.

In the evening I drop L and Daughter off at L's parents and head off to dog class. Class goes well. Doggo is paw perfect and so am I. We even get praise off the trainer that is until our final run when I forget the course, have to start again and Doggo demolishes a hurdle. Always finish on a high as they say.

A woman turned up for training this week who hasn't been for ages. It shows what a bad judge of women I must be. I've always found her a bit aloof, anti-social but timid with it, if that's a possible combination. I had her down as a man hater. I reckoned someone needed to take her in hand. Well it appears someone has because she's pregnant. Just goes to show how wrong you can be.

Head off to pick up L and Daughter. When I get there, L's got a wine glass in her hand. Dandelion and Burdock she reckons. Yeah right. It's a funny colour if it is. Bad girl. It's supposed to be an AF Monday. She says she's only had one but it looks like its been a large one.

Get home and I stuff the mushrooms with the stilton, some chicken, peppers, lots of garlic and a dash of wine. Very enjoyable. Very decadent. Unfortunately the seduction bit doesn't quite work. L is impressed with how I've stuffed the mushrooms but she's too knackered for the same treatment. Too much Dandelion and Burdock, me thinks. Never mind, there's always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment