Saturday 16 June 2007

Checking Those Measurements

Another dog show today, this time at Tatton Park. So yesterday we drove an hour or more south, today we drive a similar distance northwards. It’s raining again in Nottingham but it’s a fine and oddly warm day up at Tatton. I forgot sun cream again.

Our first run, Grade 5 Agility, kind of crept up on me. I was walking another course while my Dad was looking after Doggo. Doggo was being a pain, winding up all the other dogs. When I got back I was told by the folks on the ring to run immediately. I didn’t really have time to refresh the course in my mind and also I probably wasn’t quite concentrating as much as I should have been. However, Doggo was well wound up and went off like a rocket. Had I been ready for that, we may have put in that rare thing, a fast round and maybe even a winning time but as it was I just wasn’t ready for his sudden enthusiasm. He cut inside one jump and then disappeared into the tunnel. Elimination. Well at least I now know the technique to psyche him up.

It’s still raining in Nottingham, Daughters carrots are flooded.

Next up a Qualifier for Olympia. 264 entries. First 3 qualify. A big ask. Correction, a very big ask. L texts to say, miracles do happen. Hmmm, usually for other people. We run and we go into 5th, which is not bad considering about 100 dogs have already ran. We eventually slip to 17th. Better than a smack in the eye. Just.

L and Daughter have been out getting their bra sizes measured. L tells me that she slipped down to a 38C. I’m not convinced about that. I think it would be wise to double check those measurements myself later. She tells me to keep my mind on my dog. I think of a witty reply to that but decide against texting it.

Perhaps she's right. I obviously haven’t got my mind on Doggo because we have a pole down in Grade 5 jumping and then mess up the weaves up (again) in 5-7 Jumping.

However, the good news is that our one placing today gives us 2 more points, making 41 so far and only 34 more required for Grade 6.

Back home, L has done another curry/pasta crossover dish as race prep for my event tomorrow. It’s odd but very good. We have a glass of wine with it. Then we take a second glass and I also take a sports drink to bed for some more race prep and to recheck and double check those measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment