Friday 15 June 2007

Doggo Lands 6th Place

I have a day off work today because me and Doggo are going down to Peterborough for the RVA dog show. We have no early runs, so I even get a slight lie in. We leave Nottingham in rain but once we arrive it is sunny. Everyone has to pack away their waterproofs and put their shorts on. No one back home seems to believe me when I say how nice it is. Bugger, I’ve forgotten the sun cream.

We have a very good run in our first event and land a commendable 6th place in Grade 5 Agility. More importantly this gets us 15 points in our quest to progress to Grade 6, which requires 75 points.

We have a disappointing run in the Genesis Jumping qualifier where Doggo misses a jump but we go clear in our final event, Grades 5-7 jumping but we’re too slow to get among the rosettes.

In the evening we leave Doggo to rest because he has another event tomorrow and head off to Broadway for beer and food. Goan curry and two pints of Hemlock 4.0%, which I don’t usually like but it seems ok tonight. Then we move to the Forest Tavern for a pint of Broadstone 5.2%. L has three Leffes, after each one she complains she’ll be on her back. Is that a problem? I prove it isn't when we get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment