Monday 18 June 2007

Meetings

Drive into work. The first thing I realise when I get there is that I've completely forgotten about the meeting that I have this morning because it is so long since it was arranged. End up being totally under prepared and without most of the required paperwork but I manage to ad-lib most of it. What it is all about becomes clear about half way through however by then my mind has already wondered.

I recall some recent research that I read in one of the newspapers. Something like 60% percent of attendees at meetings, far from paying attention, are thinking about sex. The survey confirms typical gender stereotypes, with 76% of men letting their minds turn to sex, compared with only 35% of women. Those figures seem a bit low to me, presumably the remaining 24% of men were either asleep or dead. Well there are seven of us in this meeting and as I already know what I'm thinking about, it means that three or possibly four of the others are also thinking about whether or not they are attracted to someone else in the room. I wonder who they are.

Perhaps the stats will be wrong in this case as there is only one woman in the meeting and unfortunately one of the male attendees is a confirmed homosexual, so I don’t really want to know what he’s thinking about.

In the evening it's off to dog class again, which once more goes well.

Get home and L cooks up another slag of a meal. Beans, egg, and fish fingers on toast with brown sauce. With concoctions like that perhaps she really is up the duff but no. She informs me that the alert is over, she is not pregnant after all. The 'slag snack; is superb but probably not good tri-athlete food. Doggo entertains us by spin-drying my socks in his teeth, he's such a treasure; I promise to throttle him later.

No comments:

Post a Comment